Do you have more than 5 years' experience as a Project or Program manager? Are you familiar with the Regulations in Banking? Can you think on an abstract and strategical level and are you willing to work hands-on? Then keep reading.
For a European Market Leader in Financial Services, I am searching for an experienced Project Manager. Because of the growth of the organization and new and changing regulations, there is a large and ongoing portfolio of large projects to manage.
Purpose of the role
- Drive the adoption of a structured change management strategy and framework minimum standards across the company for change initiatives
- Improve organisational maturity and competency in change/project management
- Lead and inspire one or more project managers, providing coaching and mentoring
- Ensure that change initiatives have agreed and measurable business outcomes (business case, on time, quality and budget) and transition smoothly into BaU.
- Undertake independent, high level analysis of project/programme success and benefit realisation as set out in the approved business case
- Supplier relationship management with key third parties supplying consultancy or resources to support managed change efforts
- Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and smooth communications on related change matters
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the project and change management standards of the company are up-to-date with the most recent market standards
- Constant improvement of project and change management standards and methodologies
- Plans, monitors and manages project execution from initiation through implementation
- Executes all projects as agreed in the Project Management process.
- Escalate exceptions as discovered during projects and arrange for appropriate approvals.
- Manage all project risks as identified during the initial Change Risk Assessment or as identified during the execution of the project
- Assist functional managers to identify optimal resources and all relevant stakeholders in an initiative
- Articulate the skills, knowledge, behaviour and time commitment required for successful delivery of the initiative
- Coordinate resources and ensure good communication among stakeholders
- Monitor progress against project plan and business case assumptions.
- Escalate as appropriate to ensure timely completion of tasks, expenditure within budget, and if unforeseen risks arise
- Perform a project closing session after each implementation including lessons learnt and discharge
- Create an overview of all projects, active or planned.
- Regularly report on project progress and issues via the monthly Project Portfolio Board report and meeting
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in financial/security/post trading industry, with at least 3 years of managing complex projects and/or programs.
- Proven application of recognized project and change management methodologies (including Agile) and toolkits to a range of project types e.g. restructuring, operating model change, IT enabled change, outsourcing, etc.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills and cross-cultural awareness
- Experience managing governance forums with executive level audiences
- Team player with business and customer mind-set
- Very strong relationship building, negotiating and influencing skills with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, irrespective of seniority and technical/functional background
- Outstanding planning skills
- Willingness to work hands-on
You will be offered a market salary with excellent secondary benefits, including
- 8% holiday allowance
- 13th month allowance
- commuting allowance
- 25 days' (fulltime) paid holiday annually and the possibility to buy an extra 10 days
- non-contributory pension scheme and employee insurances.
The office is in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in this role? Then apply as soon as possible.
- Auto van de zaak
- Evenementen voor werknemers
- Sport abonnement
- Referral bonus
- Korting op mobiele telefoon
- Pensioen / Pensioenplan
- Game kamer
- Professionele ontwikkeling
- Reis kosten vergoeding
- Reis kosten vergoeding voor OV
- Flexibel rooster
- Werken vanuit huis
85,000 - 100,000 /jaar