The Sr. Project Engineer will be responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines of large CAPEX projects and will establish criteria for the proper implementation of all the elements of a project. Accountable for management, design, engineering, specifying, contracting, construction, and Startup of assigned projects, and ensuring key objectives are met.
Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets, including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc. Finding opportunities to enhance our customer's performance is at the heart of what we do and has been for more than 175 years. We own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,600 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
- Effectively manage projects which includes, establishing detailed and defined scopes, detailed bid packages, time-lines, identifying key accountabilities, and providing guidance & expertise to keep projects on track & within budget.
- Lead design and engineering of major projects using third parties to fulfill objectives.
- Consult with and obtain plant agreement on final design. Also consult with other functions, internal and external, such as safety, accounting, quality, insurance, etc. concerning engineering phases relating to them.
- Provide design documentation for equipment and control systems before during and after project implementation.
- Manage plant process control strategy, architecture, and systems. Lead integration efforts when required to implement standardized control systems.
- Evaluates, selects and purchases major equipment, consulting firms, and construction contractors.
- Coordinate all functions ranging from initial design, purchasing, outside engineering, expediting of material, construction, scheduling with plant operations to minimize or eliminate production losses, and start-up to meet the project deadline.
- Management of contractors throughout the construction and commissioning process. Includes supervising build to scope and engineering specifications, resolving change orders, adherence to safety standards, and final as-built documentation.
- Keep informed on new technology and equipment which may have potential use for new projects and improvement of existing facilities.
- Complete Hazard reviews (PHA's) and Safety reviews for new and existing projects
- Complete adherence to Elementis health, safety, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Contracted engineering interfacing to assure comprehensive and effective design, utilizing Elementis engineering standards where possible.
- Provides problem solving and support of plant process equipment including process control systems.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and assemble Project cost estimates, drive decision based most fitting for Business case.
- Facilitate development of contracts and agreement by coordinating with legal department.
- Lead and facilitate project risk, reliability and safety assessments.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Prepare and present project funding request, and develop and control spending forecasts.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 10 to 15 years' experience in a chemical manufacturing, batch processing and packaging setting.
- Thorough & demonstrated understanding of process control systems including DCS, PLC and HMI's.
- Very strong Project Management skills.
- Plant design experience, including layout, and 3D model reviews.
- Equipment selection, purchase, and installation experience.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experienced in interfacing with globally spread teams and partners.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Good working conditions