For Fugro we are looking for a Senior Project Controller for the Europe & Africa region. Are you experienced in setting up structures for Project Controlling and do you have experience in the energy (or related) industry? Please check the vacancy below.
The Senior Project Controller is responsible and accountable for the financial control of external and internal projects. In this position you will be the ‘interface’ between Project Management and Finance, translating risks and operational events into financial results. Focus of the position will be on larger projects (€30 million +) that involve multiple entities in the region and hence it is important in this role to collaborate with and steer the entities with respect to project control. The Senior Project Controller reports to the Regional Head of Finance Europe and Africa and may require some travel within the region.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Setting up the structure of for the Project Controlling department and creating automated reports and insights for the Europe and Africa region;
- Pro-actively initiates preparation/maintenance of project budgets with Project Managers, challenges the assumptions made and monitors actuals versus budget;
- Controls and monitors relevant project processes and documents (compliance, purchasing, subcontracts, audits, insurance, project risks, etc.);
- Is responsible for timely delivery of project results for monthly and quarterly reports, including project forecasts for the financial reporting;
- Collects, monitors and analyses relevant financial and project data to identify improvements and trends;
- Develops, implements and enhances relevant procedures and processes in close co-operation with the relevant teams to increase efficiency;
- Drives project reporting agenda at a regional level in EUAF by standardizing templates as well as providing rules of engagement to the countries.
- Audits projects on a regular basis and communicates results and improvement suggestions (finance, tax, compliance, contracts, etc.).
- MSc. degree;
- 6 years+ relevant project experience in the energy industry (or related industries), with affinity for financial topics;
- Analytical skills and affinity with financial topics and project risks;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics / Navision is an advantage;
- Proactive, accurate, and well-developed communication skills;
- Team player, initiator and self-starting;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders;
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
Fugro is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Through integrated data acquisition, analysis and advice, we unlock insights from Geo-data to help our clients design, build and operate their assets in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
Hoe te solliciteren en vragen
- Salary: €75.000 - €85.000,-;
- Bonus: 2 months’ salary;
- 29 holidays;
- Flexible working hours and in accordance the opportunity to work from home;
- Modern pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance.