Who we Are
Budget Thuis is an energy- and telco company with more than 800.000 clients. Our objective is to reach 1 million clients at the end of 2020. To do so we strive to have all software that supports our core processes to be built in-house. As a consequence, nearly all software tools (and the source code of these tools) are owned by the company, giving us the flexibility to make changes as we see fit.
To help us with this goal we are looking for an experienced PHP developer willing to help us grow and increase our stake in the Dutch energy market.
What can we offer you?
- Gross Salary of €4.000,- €5.000 euro (based on education and work experience, 40-hour workweek)
- Travel allowance (NS Business Card or Swapfiets);
- 25 holiday days per year with the possibility to buy more;
- 8% holiday bonus;
- Maximum of 5% year bonus;
- 6% pension plan without its own contribution;
- Social events, team building events, parties, and Friday beers!
At Budget Thuis, you will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. You must be proactive and feel excited to bring the company, to the next level. You will be working with our highly experienced team to deliver a well-designed, professionally built and well-tested product. You will be part of our Online team that builds all the webpages for Budget Thuis. It is an international team of professionals, within an IT department of about 30 employees.
We encourage innovation, sharing knowledge with others and we provide a fun, but respectful environment to work in. We strive to make your role both challenging and rewarding. We invest in training to keep our employees up to date with new technologies and skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, designing and maintaining web applications;
- Collaboration with other teams to integrate systems developed by them;
- Integration of API’s and external services (RESTful);
- Writing automated tests and reviewing your peers’ code to help keep our coding standards high;
- Active participation in the product development and staying up-to-date on technology and industry’s best practices, with an eye on practical use;
- Monitor, analyze, improve performance, and responsiveness of the web application, and specifically the Front End components and infrastructure;