For our client Royal DSM - Business Group Engineering Plastics (Location Geleen, the Netherlands) we are recruiting a Senior Operations Controller.
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. With locations in nearly 50 countries worldwide and approximately 25,000 employees. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
DSM Engineering Plastics:
DSM Engineering Plastics is a global supplier of high-performance engineering thermoplastic solutions. With manufacturing sites in; the Netherlands (2), Belgium (1), Russia (1), China (3), India (1) and the US (1). DSM Engineering Plastics addresses key markets in automotive and electronics, and provides solutions to specialized industries including water management, breathable textiles and flexible food packaging.
Senior Operations Controller - Business Group DSM Engineering Plastics - Finance function. (Location Geleen, the Netherlands | Fulltime)
Support the business in the areas of Manufacturing & Technology, DSCM and Purchasing, CAPEX and Working Capital to ensure that financial targets of BGs are met.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Defining (support) the operations/site strategy;
- Performance management for the operations/site organization(s) in scope;
- Support business/operations management in relevant projects (eg BOS, M&A, large capex projects, contracts, optimization projects, reorganizations);
- Operate as integrated part of global operations team within the business;
- Operate in collaboration with the regional operations control teams and work on optimizing the performance of the business while providing input to the regional teams on further harmonizing of the financial processes & reporting and implementing best practices across DSM;
- Ability to effectively operate in virtual teams across the globe and easy to connect with local operations controller as well as other operations managers at the site;
- Lead bigger improvement projects on operations control;
- Monitor and interpret the consolidated CAPEX and OPEX budgeting & forecasting and provide explanation to management and the DEP Investment Committee;
- Lead the monthly and quarterly forecast consolidation and analysis;
- Drive the annual budget process;
- Review business cases and provide support to the DICI transformation, BOS support, productivity projects etc.;
- Review analysis capital proposal and finalize IRR assessments;
- Inventory, CAPEX/Projects and Working Capital forecasting.
The ideal candidate:
We are looking for an experienced Controller with a strong personality. Senior Finance professional with broad knowledge of and track record in Finance and Control processes in various businesses/operations/ manufacturing environments.
Someone who always looks for opportunities Thinks out of the box and is able to share their vison and own point of view.
- A Master Degree in Finance, Controlling or Accounting.
- At least 6-8 years of experience within several finance and controlling positions.
- Experience within manufacturing or supply chain environments.
- CAPEX and OPEX knowledge are considered a plus.
- Familiar with Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to develop independent financial analysis and make appropriate recommendation.
- An ambitious and talented team player.
- Fluency in English. Additional languages are considered a plus.
- A fulltime and permanent position.
- Excellent compensation and benefit package.
- Personal and professional development and growth opportunities.
€ 90.000,00 - € 110.000,00 /jaar