As a Senior Operations Analyst you will interact with several departments within this large multinational! In this role you will be focussing on all the plants across EMEA.
Working at our client is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. They offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
Working together with the Business Group MIDS (Management Information & Decision Support) Lead, this position is responsible for delivering financial analysis that provides insight and enhances decision making for BOSC (Business Operations and Supply Chain). This position will also drive reporting improvements through standardiziation, simplification and rationalization of reporting for the regional business.
Provide a view on performance and opportunities that exist for further investigation and/or improvements by FP&A and the BOSC teams. Identification of business optimization opportunities (e.g. EBITDA, Working capital deployed) to then collaborate with FP&A who will prioritize, build action plans and close gaps.
This position provides analysed information in a structured way to provide insight, assessing historic & current business performance, highlighting areas of opportunity for improvement for the FP&A team who will prioritize and build action plans.
Ability to lead management reporting and annual planning lifecycle including budgeting, forecasting, analysis including commentary and cost analysis.
This position will be expected to partner closely with Accounting & Reporting (A&R), Finance Risk Management (FRM) and FP&A, as well as BOSC teams.
This position requires strong financial analysis, leadership, business acumen, risk management, influencing and change management skills.
30% Management Reporting:
- Provide leadership and partner with other functional teams to develop and maintain, on an ongoing basis, financial/management reporting for BOSC that supports business decisions and strategic goals (i.e. fixed costs, variable costs, energy, ROGI, etc.);
- Lead standardization, rationalization and simplification of management reporting when it comes to BOSC;
- Drive reporting improvement through the use of new available technology (Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, SAP, etc);
- Provide input and identify opportunities to improve data integrity and usefulness for effective management reporting and implements as appropriate to enhance reporting;
- Partner effectively with BOSC and FP&A for reporting and data needs, defining which performance indicators will be needed to explain/measure business performance and the frequency - design and deliver the report with the right level of analysis;
- Work with BOSC and FP&A to define the expectations and respond to ad hoc requests from those teams as per the business needs;
- Respond to complex data requests;
- Respond to complex adhoc requests with constructive and high quality solutions;
40% Analysis and insight:
- Demonstrate strong financial management skills to evaluate and analyze financial data;
- Keep pace with changing relevant regulations, standards, and business factors that may impact financial performance;
- Deliver analysis that can provide insight to the BOSC and FP&A teams to improve financial performance;
- Work closely as partner with the BOSC Leadership Team to provide insight, assessing historic & current business performance, highlighting areas of opportunity for improvement and ad-hoc as business required;
- Provide ongoing financial expertise and information to the BOSC Leadership Team and other business teams;
- Provide analysis, interpretation and commentary arund BOSC key performance indicators to the business;
- Work closely with Accounting and Reporting (A&R), BOSC, Finance COEs and FP&A teams to achieve finance objectives;
20% Business planning and forecasting:
- Lead the business planning cycle process for BOSC by partnering with FP&A, Accounting & Reporting (A&R), BOSC and others including all budgeting, forecasting and management reporting;
- Partners with FP&A in forecasting cycles by providing high quality historical and current data in a timely manner;
10% Continuous Improvement:
- Support a culture of intellectual curiosity and continuous leaning to meet self and team individual development goals;
- Partners with key stakeholders around tracking and reporting key BOSC metrics flowing out of the various PE, CI and ACI initiatives in the region;
- Applies a continuous improvement mentality towards meeting stakeholder requirements;
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance or Business Administration;
- Minimum 8 years of accounting or finance experience;
- Advanced Excel and data analytics skills including demonstrated ability using BI tools;
- Demonstrated analytical skills;
- Broad/diverse operations knowledge;
- Highly effective people skills; able to lead by example and motivate for high performance;
- Experience leveraging financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making;
- Ability to communicate effectively and create trust at all levels and use visualization tools (e.g. dashboards) to tell the story;
- Ability to challenge the status quo;
- Ability to influence without authority;
- High level of curiosity;
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity;
- Strong process, control mindset and curious and courageous to continuously look for improvement opportunities (demonstrated change agility);
- Understanding and experience working with SAP;
- Experience with multiple businesses, business models and/or international business experience;
- Demonstrated ability to support a team culture of continuous improvement, process optimization, and intellectual curiosity;
- Change management - ability to support and lead the broader organization through change
In return for your expertise and commitment, they will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. They also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.