About the role
As the Development Engineer Mechatronics you have a profound knowledge of mechatronic system design, control systems and system dynamics of high speed high precision equipment. You have experience in product development and optimization of dynamic mechanical assemblies, including actuators, sensors and static & dynamic components. You have experience with predictive modeling, FEM tools or multi-physics simulation. You know how to use these tools to realize stable feedback control and advanced feedforward filters into equipment. You are familiar with state-of-the-art technology to optimize motion control systems, such as Iterative Learning Control, system identification and optimization methods.
You will use your experience and tools to realize semiconductor assembly equipment that is cheaper, faster, more accurate, more stable, more reliable and with a higher level of automation.
You are a self-starter, aligning with the project team behind the designs with a professional and motivational style of communication. You think in solutions to solve multi-disciplinary problems together with mechanical, process, software and electrical engineers. You are responsible for the feasibility and implementation of the control system. You are able to disseminate this knowledge into the design teams. You work in a team of mechanical and mechatronic design engineers and drive the effectiveness of working methods.
What you will do
- Integration of mechanical, electronic and software functionality into a high-speed accurate and reliable production machine
- Design and tuning of motion control systems using linear and rotating servo motors on the basis of sensor and trajectory information (feedback and feedforward tuning)
- Modeling and optimization of dynamic properties of mechanical components in the servo loop
- Modeling and design of the integral mechatronic system and servo axis for specified performance
- Measurement techniques for validation and problem analysis in modules and systems
- Occasional visits to customer sites in Asia for equipment installation and troubleshooting
- Work in a multidisciplinary team
What you will need
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering or Mechatronics
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise efficiently at all levels of the organization
- Sufficient command of English language in word and writing
- Must be detailed and multitask oriented
- Must have a positive attitude towards team work and process improvement
- Ability to work in a cross functional team
- A team player with good analytical skills and hands-on mentality
- Willing to travel occasionally to our customers in the Far East
About the team
Nexperia Equipment & Automation Technologies (E&A) develops, supplies and services world’s fastest pick & place equipment and testers for (discrete) semiconductors. E&A equipment and solutions play an important role in the roadmap towards cost leadership in NEXPERIA’s assembly plants in Asia. The E&A Research & Development is located in Nijmegen. The E&A Product Support, Service and Supply Chain Management are located in Hong Kong.
For further details, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talent acquisition based on Nexperia vacancies is not appreciated. Nexperia job adverts are Nexperia copyright © material and the word Nexperia® is a registered trademark.
Nexperia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.