For our client, a company with a focus on Digital Customer Experience Solutions, we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel. The locationte will be in the Netherlands, but you will be part of a global team. We are looking for a EU qualified lawyer/solicitor with rights to reside and work within the EU.
For our client, a company with a focus on Digital Customer Experience Solutions, we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel. The location will be in the Netherlands, but you will be part of a global team. We are looking for a EU qualified lawyer/solicitor with rights to reside and work within the EU.
- Negotiating, drafting and closing cloud and software licensing and technology agreements and related matters such as subscription agreements, reseller and teaming agreements, subcontractor agreements, RFP responses, statements of work, direct and indirect licensing agreements, Cloud-based transactions, alliance/partnering agreements, enterprise software and support agreements, marketing agreements, and distribution/channel agreements;
- Knowledge of and engagement with data privacy and data security-related issues;
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and to address new business models or legal and business requirements; and
- Counselling and collaborating with business/sales clients, marketing, finance and other business functions necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments, and ensuring best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Working with internal business partners on education and planning, and advising business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business, and specifically the Cloud services, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial agreements with global parties.
- Oversee a contract approval process, contract database, contract summaries, and a system for tracking contract performance after signing, and manage.
- Maintain legal, compliance, corporate governance and other corporate records.
- The candidate must possess a law degree from an accredited law school and be a member in good standing with a Law Society in the relevant EU Jurisdiction where the candidate is qualified.
- Proficient in commercial and contract law and have experience negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts including Cloud, licensing, distribution, supply, OEM/ODM, collaboration, and strategic transactions.
- Experience with corporate governance. Legal experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles. The position requires a confident and experienced attorney with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues and interacting closely with business leaders.
- Customer-facing work (e.g., sales and deal desk, etc.) focus is a must.
- Substantial experience with top rated law firm or major high technology company required. Demonstrated attention to detail, a good communicator, organised and possess excellent drafting skills.
- Executive presence and ability to interact directly with senior leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to navigate, complex legal and regulatory compliance issues. Must have positive, problem-solving, business focused attitude with good judgment prioritizing workload in fast paced environment, with and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects accurately, on schedule.
- Must be a team player also able to self-start and work independently. Deal/negotiation experience is essential.
- Must be customer-centric and have the ability to lead business negotiations and assist clients in meeting their objectives.
- Assist in litigation and pre-litigation activities, including working with outside counsel to develop strategies to defend, resolve and prevent various forms of litigation.
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with internal/external business clients and within the legal department.
- Telecom, IVR, or similar industry experience helpful.
- Ability to travel (travel requirements are variable).
- Competitive salary