One of Europe’s largest independent exploration and production companies with operations worldwide. Making a positive contribution to meeting society’s energy needs and the energy transition.
This position has a strong modelling and analysis content, reporting to the Manager. It gives the opportunity and requires to work cross functionally and interface with all geographical areas. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing a best-in-class, flexible, value-oriented, economics and financial analysis capability for the portfolio of NL assets. It's important to develop and ensure a line of sight on value to support key decision making within the organization.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Analysis of and advisor on new investments, potential divestments, portfolio optimization and financing options in the Netherlands
- Development and ownership of financial and strategic models for use in our planning and analysis
- Prepare and present investment files to the Corporate Investment Committee
- Liaise with other teams to ensure consistency of economic modelling with global macro-economic assumptions and guidelines
- Analysis of M&A opportunities in support of business development origination and execution
- Analysis and support to energy transition activities
- Provide understanding of risk allocation, bankability of terms and conditions of various project contracts, as well as general structuring advise to internal stakeholders throughout a business development process
- Analysis and modelling of key commercial contracts and support to commercial negotiating teams
- Ownership of analysis around decommissioning security postings
- Financial projections of consolidated cash flows and earnings in different scenarios, for various purposes
- Prepare multi-year financial statement projections incl. P&L, Cashflow statement and Balance sheet based on business and portfolio activity planning
- Perform impairment reviews for the NL assets and provide analysis to the auditors
- Analysis of equity returns and other ad hoc analysis
As Senior Investment Analyst you need to have broad commercial awareness, first rate communication skills, effective interface at management level and possess the tenacity to drive change through to successful completion.
- Relevant Masters degree (e.g. finance/business economics or engineering)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar financial position or in Corporate Finance at a BIG4 firm, preferred 2 years within E&P or similar project business
- Good understanding of asset performance
- You will have proven ability to proactively identify and resolve complex reporting issues and have the ability to influence and persuade
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, financial markets (with focus on energy), and reporting
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency of relevant analytical tools such as excel, financial databases and business applications
- Language: English required, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
- Some travels must be expected to other geographical entities
Besides a dynamic work environment, the company offers room for initiatives and highly values short lines in communication. The remuneration package is excellent and contains e.g. good salary, 13th month, pension and 26 holidays.