Location : Wormerveer
City : Wormerveer
State : Noord-Holland (NL-NH)
Country : Netherlands (NL)
Requisition Number : 13005
Help drive innovation and growth at Bunge Loders Croklaan
You’re committed to sustainable innovation and want to make a an impact at global level. This is your opportunity.
Oils and fats are indispensable ingredients that shape taste, nutrition and culinary experience. Our plant-based specialty oils and fats solutions meet evolving dietary needs and trends, delivering the functionality the food and nutrition industry demands, and satisfying the diverse tastes of consumers in every part of the world.
For our Global Strategy & Innovation team of Bunge Loders Croklaan (BLC), which is part of the larger Bunge group, the unique opportunity has opened up to join as a Senior Global Business Development Manager.
BLC has a diversity of strategic inititatives in development that meet demand in the market, This opportunity sets you at the front end of our business! As the successful candidate you are passionate about data and able to derive valuable information from high volumes. You’ll develop market insights and identify business development opportunities, for example by acquiring buisnesses (M&A) or growing existing business by gaining market share. In other words; based on the established high level strategy, you’ll help the business prioritize opportunities and focus execution and in that way helps drive the growth strategy for footprint expansion of the Global BLC business.
You will work together with a small, passionate and focused core team and manage communication with key stakeholders up to C-level in Strategy, Finance and Commercial (regional and global functions) and the cross functional Agri team. As a true collaborator you are able to build trust across the board. You identify yourself as a global citizen, open to travel and are highly organized to be able to deal with peaks and troughs which is in the nature of this position.
- Develop business cases providing meaningful analysis and proposals (market, strategic fit, economic models and integration plans).
- Perform corporate financial analysis & valuations, in independent manner, to support business cases associated with the strategic projects
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external parties to build the market mapping and the insights needed to develop and maintain the BLC Strategy
- Maintain an updated global list of potential JV and M&A targets and of key competitors containing basic financials & performance metrics
- Develop an understanding of competitor’s portfolio, footprint, and cost position with a priority on growth platforms
- Perform market analysis leveraging data and insights from global & regional teams
Strategy Execution Support:
- Lead strategy development on key projects
- Support M&A due diligence
- Provide guidance to regional teams to ensure standard analysis and execution in regional delivery of global strategy
Experience & Education
- You bring at least 3-5 years’ experience in strategy, business development, business planning, etc, ideally at a consultancy firm or in the industry
- Experience in project management, involving multiple stakeholders in a larger organization.
- Previous exposure to P&L management is required
- You hold a Master’s in Business, Economics, Finance or related discipline, OR an engineering degree followed by an MBA.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to lead cross regional and multi-functional teams
- Program and project management
- Strong negotiation and influence management
- Good knowledge of commercial, operational, supply chain and innovation areas
- Ability to work independently, maintain objectivity and deliver results
- Strong communication/presentation skills; ability to articulate complex matters/issues in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to think creatively and identify/explore alternatives
- Ability to think at both strategic and operational levels
- Understanding and ability to perform financial analysis (e.g., ROIC decomposition, DCF valuation, accretion-dilution, purchase-price accounting concepts, EBIT and cash-flow forecasting, balance sheet analysis, etc.)
What we offer
A key role in an organization with 26,000 colleagues around the world are dedicated to improving the global Agri-Food value chain, one day at a time. Together, we bring food from where it’s produced to where it’s needed. We do this in an informal culture where an entrepreneurial mindset is valued. Since we cover the full supply chain, a broad variety of challenges and development opportunities can support your long term career at Bunge. We value and stimulate development through training, education and experience and offer effective/accredited tools and resources support you in your journey.
While the preferred location for this role role is Europe and currently posted in The Netherlands, we invite you to apply in case you see a relevant match to the role and are based in another location.
Are you interested in the role? We’re looking forward to receive your application via our portal with a Resume and Cover Letter. In case of questions, please reach out to Marinke van Stekelenburg (Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Agencies are not appreciated at this moment
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled