For our client in the Credit Rating sector, we are sourcing for a Senior Financial Analyst with in-depth experience in the Insurance sector, and fluency in Spanish, French, Italian or German. In this role, you will be responsible for performing credit analysis on a portfolio of (re)insurers operation in the European Markets.
Our client is the oldest and most widely recognised provider of ratings, financial data and news. They exclusively focus on the insurance industry.
The role is based in Amsterdam, and reports to the Director/Senior Director Analytics. You will be working in a team of 10 analytical staff, with a broad array of expertise and international background.
In this role, you will be responsible for performing credit analysis on a portfolio of (re)insurers operation in the European Markets, being the primary analyst in that portfolio.
- Responsible for credit assessments on a portfolio of insurers including accurate and informative written publications to support the credit decision
- Regular interaction with senior management of insurers and attendance of company meetings to obtain relevant information to support the credit assessment
- On-going surveillance of assigned portfolios and develop industry knowledge. Identify key trends and issues that may affect the assigned portfolio
- Present analysis at rating committee, participate in rating committees of other analysts, and contribute to internal discussions regarding the state of the insurance markets and rating issues
- Contribute to external presentations, seminars and the writing and research of external specialist reports commenting on key market issues and trends
- Develop a network of contacts in the insurance market for the purpose of developing market intelligence
Regular travelling within Europe will be required for this role
- At least a completed bachelor degree or higher in a relevant field (Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Business Economics)
- Additional qualifications are an advantage (e.g. ACCA, CFA, etc)
- 5+ years of solid experience in conducting financial analysis
- Strong experience working either within the insurance industry or within financial services/consultancy with focus on Insurance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Fluency in either German, French, Italian or Spanish is required
- Experience with developing and managing professional relationships with external stakeholders
- Self-starting and pro-active attitude, being able to bring new ideas and solutions to the table
Only candidates that are based in the Netherlands and have a valid work permit / are eligible to work in the Netherlands are considered for the position.
- Working in a small team of highly educated and motivated professionals
- Renown credit rating agency
- International team with diverse workforce
- Position with responsibility and ownership