As Senior Financial Accountant you report to the Accounting & Reporting manager and are part of the Group Financial Controlling team, providing support to Ingka’s three core-businesses: IKEA Retail, Ingka Centres and Ingka Investments.
This support comes in the form of Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard their people, customers and businesses. You take care of all accounting related tasks in a timely, accurate and compliant way. You perform a wide variety of tasks, from operational recurring ones to more analytical and technical ones.
This means your key responsibilities are:
- Preparation of the closing schedule;
- Secure compliancy with internal and external guidelines and regulations;
- Asses the review of the trial balance including review of accruals;
- Prepare reconciliations and follow up on several accounts;
- Prepare and record journal entries into the financial systems;
- Prepare and record tax calculations;
- Maintain the monthly financial close of the treasury system;
- Preparation of internal reports (e.g. INGKA and operational reporting) and external reports (e.g. annual accounts and CBS reporting)
- Preparation and filing of VAT declarations, domestic and foreign;
- Support the Accounting & Reporting Manager on ad hoc requests (e.g. analyses, reporting, projects assigned).
You have a good understanding of how to plan and measure financial records in compliance with internal and external regulations.Ensuring value for money in reaching business objectives and long term profitable growth.
Furthermore, you enjoy working, collaborating and co-creating in a vibrant and changing multi-dimensional, multicultural and multinational environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or a related field
· At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role, as a Financial Accountant
· A few years spent in a multicultural and multinational organization
· Proven experience in preparation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and in use of automated accounting systems
· Applied knowledge of GAAP and tax laws and regulations in the Netherlands
· Advanced Excel skills
· You communicate clearly and confidently in English, knowing Dutch is an added value
· An open minded team player, with good communication skills that help you to navigate through the different levels of the organization and build strong relationships
· Eager to learn and pro-active
· Cope well with deadlines and know how to priorities your work
And of course, you share and live the IKEA culture and values and have a genuine interest in home furnishing.
The Ingka Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business. They are a strategic partner and the largest franchisee of the IKEA franchisee system, owning and operating 374 IKEA stores and digital touchpoints in 30 markets.
The Ingka Group is a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. They want to give honest, down-to-earth people the opportunity to grow. Both as individuals and in their working roles, so that together they can show their commitment towards the vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
In the Leiden office approximately 200 co-workers are employed, mainly working in Group Functions for Ingka.
Considering the developments and growth of the company and the team, Ingka Group offers a position that will challenge your skills and let you grow!
Besides excellent remunerations the following terms are applicable:
· One IKEA Bonus Programme
· Attractive pension scheme
· Growth and development opportunity
· Flexible working hours
· Working within an international team
· Located next to Leiden Central Station
· Diversity in colleagues and stakeholders