The Senior Field Medical Advisor is responsible for the field-based provision of expert clinical and scientific information to customers. They are responsible for the management of collaborative relationships with national and regional opinion leaders to ensure alignment of professional opinion, particularly in areas of emerging science and forthcoming product developments. Additionally, the role will provide oversight and local management of relationships with investigators undertaking studies under the remit of OEU Medical Affairs. They will also provide support to the national business unit to provide clinical insight, technical expertise and scientific training to staff.
The Senior Field Medical Advisor is a medical and scientific professional who serves as a scientific information resource to internal stakeholders and the external medical community for the purpose of providing accurate, credible and fair balanced scientific data relating to the use of the company's products with the goal of optimising patient care and treatment outcomes.
This role will cover:
- Facial Aesthetics in Netherlands as senior field medical advisor - 40%
- CoolSculpting in Netherlands as field medical advisor and as Regional Scientific Expert for OEU - 60%
Our client is a unique Irish global pharmaceutical company founded in 1984. It operates through several business segments, from which the International segement includes sales and expenses relating to branded products outside of the United States. This year the company has started its own business unit in the Netherlands from where they will introduce new innovative products involved in aesthetics, eye-car and speciality care in the Benelux area and Other Europe.
Medical and Scientific Information 30%
- Provides in-depth clinical and scientific information relating to the company's products to internal staff and, on demand, to external customers.
- Maintains an in depth understanding of the company's products and relevant therapeutics including but not limited to the therapeutic area (CoolSculpting, Medical Aesthetics) as well as to emerging indications and products
Opinion Leaders 30%
- Responsible for the management of collaborative relationships with national and local opinion leaders to ensure alignment of clinical and scientific opinion and the company's strategy.
- Organises advisory boards and scientific round table meetings with specialists.
- Attends relevant scientific congresses to meet with opinion leaders, observe podium presentations and maintain in-depth understanding of scientific and therapeutic advances.
Study and Publication Support 25%
- Responsible for screening of investigator led study proposals and managing requests in line with the company's SOPs.
- Provides support to publication requests from physicians.
- Maintains understanding of International, EU and national legal, regulatory, ethical requirements for the conduct of clinical research.
- Provides support to national investigators participating in the company's sponsored studies as appropriate.
Business Unit Support 15%
- Provides strategic insights and scientific support to cross-functional country Brand Teams to support business needs and ensures cross-functional alignment of medical affairs activities.
- Advises speakers for congresses, symposia and other events to spread and enhance scientific knowledge.
- Supports creation and delivery of scientific training and materials internally and externally.
REGIONAL SCIENTIFIC EXPERT (RSE) FOR COOLSCULPTING
The Regional Scientific Expert is the primary scientific point of contact between the field based Chief Medical Office (CMO) organisation in Other Europe (OEU) and Global CMO functions, responsible for providing scientific support and responses to field derived scientific/clinical requests and to help cascade the CMO strategy to the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) teams.
- Provides strategic insights and scientific support to the OEU Marketing Manager for CoolSculpting and ensures cross-functional alignment of OEU medical affairs activities.
- Provides scientific support and advice to MSLs in country or cluster
- Assesses scientific competence of new MSLs as part of induction process
- Provides Scientific Communication & Training with input and feedback on MSL material requirements
- Demonstrates leadership in other regional or global activities as required
- Physicians, opinion leaders and other relevant Healthcare Professionals
- Therapy area country and OEU teams
- International (OEU) and local Medical Affairs teams
- Local Value, Access & Pricing (VAP) teams
- Local regulatory, finance, legal and HR
- Medical Doctor or relevant scientist (Biologist, Chemist, Pharmacist) with an MD
or PhD (or higher) qualification
- At least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a field based Medical Affairs role
- Excellent understanding of the clinical and scientific aspects of therapy area
- Excellent command of spoken English and preferably confident in at least one other relevant language
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a start-up mentality
- Excellent communicator with experience in an inter-cultural environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral - ability to present scientific data in balanced and compelling fashion and to turn complex scientific knowledge into easily understood language for different audiences.
- must demonstrate clinical knowledge and leadership skills
Willingness to travel on a regular basis (60% field days)
At least once a month international travelling
Relationship Building: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strong scientifically based relationships with opinion leaders.
Planning and Organising: Able to plan and execute multiple complex projects and maintain relationships therefore need to be resilient, self-starters who are focused on completing a task.
Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
Adaptability: Able to work in a fast, dynamic, multicultural and matrix structure; adjust readily.
Passion for Results: Drive, high energy, and ability to work under pressure and deliver results; get things done (an action-oriented approach); overcome obstacles.
Receptivity to Feedback: Receptive to the ideas of others and welcome and accept constructive feedback, display humility
- The chance to work with experienced professionals in a international and inter-cultural environment
- Very competitive salary with excellent benefits
- Chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation