Wat doe je als Senior Electricity Market Developer bij TenneT?
What do you do as an Electricity Market Developer at TenneT?
- As an expert in the field of the harmonization and integration of the European wholesale electricity markets, you understand the connection between the physical functioning of the electricity system, the commercial (inter)national trade in electricity, the policy context and the interests of the various stakeholders;
- You identify (inter)national market developments and initiate improvements in the electricity market and relevant Dutch, German and European policies and Regulations in this area (e.g. the Clean Energy Package, the European Green Deal);
- You actively participate in developing a vision and strategy in the field of market development, particularly in the light of the energy transition, system security and further European market integration;
- You are a partner for TenneT's executive level management in the context of (inter)national market developments;
- You will maintain contacts with stakeholders in the electricity market, promoting the TenneT vision both nationally and internationally;
- You will create support for TenneT's proposals from the Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM), Bundesnetzagentur (BNetzA), Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER), the Ministry of Economic Affairs in Both Netherlands and Germany, other transmission system operators and market parties;
- You represent TenneT in national and international partnerships (such as ENTSO-E, Pentalateral Energy Forum and the Capacity Calculation Regions);
- You will participate in or lead (inter)national implementation and development projects and initiatives in the field of market integration and market design with external parties;
- You will supervise (inter)national research projects in the field of market integration and market design with market parties and research institutes.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
What do we expect from you?
- You have an university degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Business Administration, Law or another relevant field;
- You have knowledge and experience in the European energy industry, notably the electricity sector for more than 5 years;
- You have demonstrable knowledge of the (international) wholesale electricity market and market principles;
- Preferably a broad personal network with experts in the electricity sector, notably TSOs, NRAs, NEMOs and/or market parties;
- Analytical and conceptual way of thinking combined with the ability to structure and condense complex topics;
- Experience with stakeholder management and ability to align TenneT interests with those of external stakeholders;
- Energy and ability to drive the market design initiatives contributing to an affordable and secure energy transition;
- You are result-oriented, flexible, self-starting and have excellent communication and advice skills; you are also a real team player;
- You have a positive critical attitude, are environmentally sensitive and dare to speak up;
- Fluent in English and in Dutch and/or German;
- Able and willing for medium frequent business travel to the various TenneT offices and across Europe.
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job level Hay 18) with excellent secondary benefits (ie; bonus scheme, EUR 60,- gross, health insurance allowance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities.
Duty location for this position is Arnhem, The Netherlands with regular travel across Europe.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Waar kom je te werken?
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 24,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
The Customers & Markets (CM) department ensures and guarantees a high level of customer satisfaction and works to continuously improve the operation of the Dutch, German and European electricity market. Technological development, the desire to develop a single integrated European electricity market and the transition to a sustainable electricity supply continually lead to the need to adjust roles and responsibilities and market arrangements.
The European Market Integration department is responsible for identifying and initiating developments in this area and for elaborating and guiding concrete improvements in the electricity market in close consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
We are searching for a Senior Electricity Developer (1fte / Arnhem) to strengthen our Customs & Markets department.