Are you a passionate Network Security Engineer, with a DevOps mind-set who wants to make the difference in a high-tech environment? Do you thrive in an autonomous cross-functional team? Then you may be interested in the position of:
Senior DevOps Network Security Engineer
for our office in Zoeterwoude
About the position:
As a Senior DevOps Network Security Engineer, you will be joining a dynamic team of IT professionals who set out to develop, deliver and operate a secure infrastructure for our internal and external customers.
SWIFT is embracing agile and DevOps practices as a way to deliver upon the company’s ambitious longer term objectives. For our business teams to succeed on this important transformation, the platform organization teams are reviewing the way we conceive, define, and deliver platform and IT infrastructure services. Our teams are looking at delivering effective private cloud capabilities as an enabler for building more effective software delivery pipelines. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You will assist in daily provisioning activities;
- You will troubleshoot, resolve and report complex to mission critical problems in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- You will actively participate in the identification, design, development and testing of improvements for all aspects of the supported mission critical infrastructure;
- You will deploy infrastructure and software according to our change management processes;
- You will follow-up and document our services (systems/applications/procedures) as they evolve;
- You will propose and implement measures to prevent reoccurrence of problems and cases reported;
- You will interact and collaborate with other squads to ensure excellent customer satisfaction;
- You will challenge and drive improvements to our existing processes and procedures;
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation and prepare and give presentations to internal customers and stakeholders;
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation together with other squad members;
- Participate in a weekend rotation to deploy or activate changes on the supported mission critical infrastructure.
We are looking for an autonomous DevOps specialist, with a continuous improvement and Agile mindset. You are willing to take ownership and are open-minded and solutions oriented in your work. You gain energy through collaboration with others and are able to build and maintain working relationships. Besides that:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, electronics or another relevant field;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar field;
- You have good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- You have experience with the following:
- DNS experience: BIND, Nominum and Infoblox
- Firewall experience: Fortinet and Checkpoint
- Proven experience implementing, managing and maintaining security and network infrastructure for medium/large scale enterprise, including hardware/software firewalls and monitoring systems;
- Familiar with protocol analyzer software (Wireshark) and able to interpret network traces;
- Strong expertise of UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris, Linux) system administration.
Knowledge in protocols, distributed technology, web technology standards (TCP-based protocols, Web technologies, Docker (or other container technologies, security technologies (i.e. PKI, AES, TLS, ...).
Working at SWIFT means working in a motivating work environment with a structured training and development program for you and plenty of opportunities to demonstrate your personal strengths. You will work in a truly international environment with main hubs across 3 continents and since we are a relatively small company (3000 employees), we can still operate fast. Besides that, we offer you:
- Premium free health insurance;
- Premium free end wage pension;
- Sport allowance;
- A free in-house fitness center;
- A competitive salary on offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting a culture of continuous development. We support each employee to develop critical competencies in line with career aspirations and SWIFT business needs. Including online and professional courses, hands-on training, internal mobility and excellent networking opportunities.
SWIFT is world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 institutions. We enable our global community of users to communicate securely, exchanging standardised financial messages in a reliable way, thereby facilitating global and local financial flows, and supporting trade and commerce all around the world.
People are the foundations of our success. We depend on technological and business excellence – and on a culture that values diversity, strives for sustainability and fosters a healthy work/life balance.
Apply now to become our Senior DevOps Network Security Engineer. You'll be asked to create an account on the SWIFT career page to complete your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please complete all steps: your application will not been registered in our system until you see a confirmation page on the SWIFT career page.