Challenging position as a senior data scientist in Den Haag within a global telecommunications organization. In this particular position you are the senior towards the business and in the team where you will be in contact with the business and in contact with
T- Mobile, you know who we are. For already four years in a row, we have the quickest network in the Netherlands. With our challenger mindset we challenge ourselves and the market to connect everyone with the possibilities of these days. Daring, responsibility and working together; those are the key competencies.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be part of the Data Science Team within the Intelligence and Insights (I&I) department. Your team is responsible for increasing the company's data maturity level by using data to improve fact-based decision making, launch better products and services and improve customer experience. The team designs and launches continuous (big) data experiments to support the commercial and technical departments and to drive innovation in the field of advanced analytics. The next step is putting these models in production and making the execution simple, so you don't have to do it yourself. As a team you are responsible to deliver clear revenue and EBITDA targets.
In your work as a Senior Data Scientist at T-Mobile you develop and apply predictive models that have an impact on commercial performance and technical processes within the organization. Important here is your deep knowledge of both data science and telecom. You are focusing on analyzing data and challenging, advising, educating and supporting business units and top management in making strategic, tactical and operational decisions. Analytical capabilities as well as the ability to transform data into actionable insights and discuss these insights with a business unit or (top) management to influence decision making, is essential for this position. Focus on influencing top management, actively steering the organization and complexity will increase along with the seniority of the specific position.
Furthermore, you will be working with multi-departmental teams where you have to be competent in different areas, such as marketing, finance or mobile network technology. Also, you support other I&I squads to become a more data driven organization. Working within an informal atmosphere where you have a lot of freedom to work as the data scientist you want to be. How good is that!
You will work with non-technical customers and technical colleagues. The departments where you will be working with are the end- users of the models (B2C, B2B, Value Brand, Finance or Technology). To make this job a success you should be a result oriented person that is good at problem analysis and is curios to investigate. Furthermore, you should be customer oriented and a team player. You will Coach and support less experienced data scientists and other colleagues.
The person we are looking for has:
- Master (WO) degree Statistics, AI, Econometrics or Computer Science, PhD is a pre
- 5-10 years of experience as a (Senior) Data Scientist (Experience can be compensated by education and vice versa)
- Knowledge of building and deploying predictive models (using R, Python, KNIME, SQL, machine learning/AI,
- HIVE, Spark, Docker and Git is essential, understanding the rest of Hadoop is preferred).
- Knowledge of diverse libraries (such as dplyr, h2o, xgboost, caret, scikit-learn)
- Knowledge of libraries for hyperparameter tuning
- Know how to work with different algorithms (from regression, decision trees, random forest, gradient boosting, deep learning)
- Knowledge of REST API and other means of pairing the outcome of a predictive model with the front end tools and production environments
- Ability to deal with multiple deadlines with different stakeholders and changing priorities
- Understanding of business problems and ability to translate these to data science problems
You can expect the following from them.
- T-Mobile offers a good salary and excellent secondary employment conditions.
- T-Mobile considers personal and functional growth and development of vital importance, which is why we offer a wide range of training opportunities.
- Working for T-Mobile means working in a challenging, dynamic environment, with a network of highly qualified colleagues. In close co-operation with your superior you can shape your career within our organization. Career paths are set out in a transparent manner and may be of a national or international nature.