The purpose of the position is to manage all transport for (inbound) shipments and to ensure full compliance with the customs regulations
International organization in the FMCG sector with a lot of potential for their employers
Ensures demurrage, detention and other inbound related transport costs are kept to a bare minimum.
- Organize the customs and inbound shipment department according to the organizational unit's overall logistics policy and plan, and manage the daily operations
Ensures inbound lead times and flows are optimized in time, cost and in modality
- Develop and implement optimized and advanced logistics systems and procedures, in line with overall developments in the demand chain process
Propose and work within the department budget, monitor and control expenses and report periodically
Participates in the internal platforms for customs officers.
Manages the relation of our transportation suppliers together with the transportation manager
- Be a sparring partner for purchasing with in-depth INCOterms knowledge and knowing the impact of changing global goods flows
Ensures timely and correct filing of the quarterly report to the local authorities
- Actively initiate alignment between the buyers, the call off teams and carriers to be involved in an early stage of the contracting / business flow ensuring a smooth process from a customs and logistics perspective.
- Performs monthly checks of the brokers activities and provide feedback to them
- Owns the customs related fields in the material master data in SAP and drives the integrity of these fields
- Keeps the customs manual up to date
- Arrange inbound transportation in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner in collaboration with the call-off teams on other sites.
- Arrange transportation for inter-plant movements
- Ensures and maintains open communication with the customs authorities
- Preferably 3+ years experience in comparable role
- Bachelor/Master's degree
- Good knowledge of transportation terminology, Incoterms and shipping documentation
- Fluent in English, good in Dutch
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary package
- Interesting extra benefits package
- Working for a growing international company
- Working in a nice environment
- A lot of potential for further steps in your career
- Flexible working hours & location
55,000 - 75,000 /jaar