This role will have responsibilty for the monthly, quarterly and yearly consolidation and reporting of a number of international real estate assets and entities. Most of the assets are hotels which will be visited c. once per month for a short period of time.
A family-owned firm who have operate within the hotel industry. The portfolio of assets range across Uk, Europe and Australsia. The Amsterdam office is responsbile for the European operations.
Overseeing the full sets of accounts which include month-end and year-end closing and ensure the timely completion of scheduled management reports
Performing year-end consolidation accounting and prepare statutory financial reports
Handling the tax preparation for submission of annual corporate returns and quarterly VAT returns, and tax queries, if any
Liaising with internal and external parties where appropriate on audit requirements and tax matters
Assist in the budgeting, forecasting and management reporting activities
Reviewing, updating and implementing improvements to finance processes, control and governance procedures
Participating and/or leading finance projects and other associated tasks such as finance system implementation
- Degree in Accountancy or related discipline with relevant professional qualification such as RA/CA/CPA/ACCA
- 5+ years of work experience in corporate controllership activities and/or with an audit firm, preferably at least 2 years in the real estate sector
- Thorough knowledge of Dutch and IFRS accounting principles including consolidation accounting, costing and financial control procedures as well as recognition of importance of internal controls
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and verbal
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment within tight timeline and under minimal supervision
The successful candidate will be offered a permanent contract with an excellent remuneration package. This role will be based in a small office in Amsterdam zuid with international colleagues.
Understanding of Dutch is essential for this role.
€ 70.000,00 - € 90.000,00 /jaar