The Channel Systems Engineer (CSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance & enablement and hands-on assistance to select Nutanix channel partners and indirectly our mutual customers. The CSE teams and collaborates with Nutanix channel sales teams to build, grow and nurture the eco system of selected resellers, OEMs and alliances.
The CSE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Provide channel partner technical enablement for selected (managed) channel partners in defined territory to include: regular product and solution updates, customized workshops and bootcamps, SE shadowing program, joint solution and services offering building and any other required tasks to enable partners to perform independent and autonomous pre-sales support for Nutanix
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company roadshows and events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams of selected channel partners by monitoring and managing pre-sales/technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as an interface to Product Management to monitor and manage feature requests and product roadmap issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on channel accounts and field activities to the Channel SE Manager and Channel Sales organization.
- Maintain the Nutanix community.
- With the partner and partner manager, jointly create a business plan that encompasses enablement. Take ownership and execute this plan. This plan should exist of a technical focus for those partners, as well as training modules that lead to certification of employees and a status for that partner.
- Work with the vendor / product / practice manager within the partner account to ensure clarity and possession of up-to-date information with regards to Nutanix Channel Charter requirements.
- Deliver Bootcamps with hands-on labs to train the partner to certify.
- Deliver regular Expert Sessions to ensure partners have up-to-date knowledge. Train partners to gain knowledge of new releases or non-focus products.
- Maximize impact by optimizing training delivery to as many persons per session.
Technical account and relationship management
- Establish a strategic position within partners at architect and “c”-level roles within the partner to ensure embedding of the Nutanix portfolio with the partner solution and services portfolio.
- Have regular meetings with architect and c-level contact al all focus partners to discuss product direction and roadmap, Nutanix position in the partner portfolio and joined products / go to market.
- Create and maintain a communication matrix and organigram for every partner and use those to relevantly position Nutanix on all levels.
- Remain up to date with the strategic position of the partner with regards to vendor and product relations and selection.
- Ensure Nutanix being the preferred product vs the competition in the for the partner relevant
- Be a liaison between the partner key-contacts and the appropriate Nutanix leadership and product management. Arrange meetings and gatherings to create and claim mind share and thought leadership.
- Be a valued resource for partners. Help them with thought leadership, product development and technical marketing (events / campaign’s, etc.)
- Be aware of partner’s opportunities, spot opportunities, guide partners towards offering Nutanix solutions and help up- and cross-sell the entire Nutanix product portfolio.
- Have regular partner visits to stay top of mind, discuss product positioning, remove roadblocks, etc.
- Work with Field SEs to help position Nutanix and help Field SEs spot opportunities. Use the SME topics to create additional bandwidth in positioning Nutanix products.
- Organize events for the (Nutanix) technical partner community. Keep the tech community of partners technologists, freelance experts and distributor experts engaged and up to date.
- Spot, coach and nurture technical champions towards the next level (NTC / NPX / etc.)
- Maintain active relations with Nutanix Technology Champions (NTC) in your region.
- Be the contact person for the local Nutanix User Group (NUG). Help them organizing meetings and drive attendance towards the NUG form partner technology champions.
- Participate in social media like Linked-in, Twitter, but also contribute to blogs, videos and forums.
- Help partners in the media with reference cases and supporting the Nutanix brand.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
- Demonstrated broad experience with industry standard virtualization, storage, networking and automation technologies as well as cloud architecture and concepts.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.