Manage a portfolio of complex claims in accordance with the company's European guidelines, claims philosophy (CODE), conditions of cover and service level agreements.
Our client is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries,
employing approximately 30,000 people worldwide; they provide commercial and personal property and
casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a
diverse group of clients across multinational corporations and small to mid-size businesses.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities,
exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations
- Manage a portfolio of complex claims and act as a referral point for junior colleagues.
- Assess and evaluate policy coverage and liability, calculate reserve exposures and assess settlement values of
- Understand and manage client's and broker's expectations with clear and timely communication.
- Negotiate settlement of claims and bring them to a successful conclusion.
- Represent the company at meetings with clients, brokers, surveyors, attorneys and other parties involved in a claim.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders, like underwriters.
- Deal with day-to-day correspondence
- Manage claim files in claims systems, using diary, logs and monitoring tools.
- Work according to the company's ethical and service standards. Fulfil compliance and regulatory requirements.
Experience & Skills Required
- University or HBO level of education. Preferably a law degree.
- professional experience in claims handling/adjusting.
- Experience within the specific business line of Casualty with associated legal aspects.
- Solid experience working with brokers and clients/customer oriented.
- Good language capabilities of Dutch and English.
What can you expect in return
* Competitive salary & pension scheme
* 28 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days
* Employee Share Purchase Plan
* Life Assurance
* Comprehensive Learning & development offering
* Employee resource groups: Gender Equality Network, Abilities & Wellbeing, Social Mobility, Parents & Carers,
Pride Network, Cultural Awareness Network.