As a Senior Auditor you are responsible for the execution of internal audit engagements and the delivery and execution of all engagements will adhere to audit methodology and include formal sign-offs of key documents and processes within an audit file.
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 360 years of history, MUFG is a global network with over 1.800 offices in more than 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia.
The Group has over 150.000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Through close partnerships among our group companies, the Group aims to be the world's most trusted financial group, flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of its customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG's shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges.
As a Senior Auditor you are responsible for the execution of internal audit engagements and the delivery and execution of all engagements will adhere to audit methodology and include formal sign-offs of key documents and processes within an audit file. The audits form part of a risk-based audit plan, providing suitably independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control and risk management systems, advising senior management and contributing to a sound control environment.
- Provide independent assurance to management regarding the risks related to the bank's activities in line with the agreed business objectives, in accordance with relevant internal and external requirements;
- Ensure compliance with the bank's rules, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Autonomously work on components of audit assignments, under the direct oversight of the audit manager. Produce accurate and complete audit working papers with minimum need for rework, applying the relevant components of the applicable audit methodology and in accordance with international Internal Audit standards;
- Support with occasional ad-hoc requests from management or the Chief Audit;
- Audits will predominantly be executed in the Amsterdam office; however occasional European travel will be required.
Skills and experience
- Practical experience in the financial service industry preferred. An up-to-date understanding of the industry, regulatory changes, pertinent economic and political factors which may impact the bank's business and overall aims;
- Comprehensive understanding of the bank's strategy and goals, structures, policies and culture;
- Experience in internal control, risk management and / or internal audit processes;
- Completed or on track to obtain a professional qualification in audit (e.g. RO / CIA / CA / ACCA);
- Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. An understanding of the Japanese and Dutch language and culture is preferred.
- Salary package around 50k annually based on a fulltime workweek;
- 13th month and a bonus;
- Dynamic work environment at the Zuidas in Amsterdam.
£ 45.000,00 - £ 55.000,00 /jaar