Our client is a global player in the logistics industry. It’s a great company which is genuinely going places in the world of transport/logistics and freight forwarding. Location is in Rotterdam.
The key focus of the role is to fully support the business objectives within the framework of the local, regional and global finance strategies.
This is a role which would suit candidates who are on their way up in the finance and accounting world. In this role you are supporting the Finance Manager and make sure all Accounts Payable processes are implemented and carried out.
How will your day look like:
- Improving processes to further professionalize and harmonize the AP functions;
- End responsible for the full AP process of the related entities (including payroll journals, processing cash and bank transactions and filing VAT and withholding tax declarations);
- Provide support to the Finance Manager by resolving escalations, processing complex postings, initiating performance improvement initiatives;
- Deliver periodic AP reporting;
- Main point of contact for resolving more complex AP related queries with external suppliers and the other entities;
- Monitor and report on key AP performance indicators;
- Assist with month-end closing duties and other tasks when necessary
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business economics/ Business Administration or 7+ years of relevant experience;
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills;
- Stimulating attitude towards cultural changes;
- Critical, assertive and has a pro-active attitude;
- Service and results orientated, and continuous process improvement mind set;
- Ability to manage multiple requirements and meat stringent deadlines with a team;
- Effective communicator, with a commercial focus;
- Excellent Dutch & English language skills both verbal and written