In this challenging role you will be responsible for supporting the finance/accounting activities mainly for the Benelux region, and assisting with activities on Europe level as needed.
A global IT Consultancy firm with regional office based in Amsterdam.
- Preparation of accounting entries and assistance/review of standard accounting tasks
- Review prepayments and accrued expenses schedules
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Prepare monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Makes (incidental) wire transfers, (review) monthly bank entries.
- Timely and accurate preparation of VAT returns
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable and T&E processing team for Benelux
- Prepare monthly variance analysis on the fluctuations of the P&L and BS
- Assist in preparation of the monthly management pack
- Advice with Analyzing and improving the financial processes within the organization
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Perform ad-hoc administrative and other assignments in accordance with finance manager's direction.
- Master degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-7 years relevant experience in a similar position (preferably a multinational environment)
- Language skills: Fluent written and spoken English is a must, other relevant languages are a pre.
- Proactive, pragmatic and fast learner
- Ability to meet constant deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload
- Proactive approach to work to constantly improve internal processes
- A "can do" attitude
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literate, especially MS Excel and PeopleSoft / Hyperion are preferable
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Practices/Principles
- A challenging role in a fast growing organisation.
- International environment
- Great learning curve
- Competitive salary
55,000 - 58,000 /jaar