Booking.com B.V. (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Security Strategist as part of the Threat Analysis team. The goal of the team is to identify the company’s fraud and security threats and distribute security advice to key business and security partners on how to mitigate risk. The Threat Analysis team is part of the Security Department within Technology.
We are searching for a Security Strategist, with infrastructure security background, who is highly motivated to be part of the Threat Analysis team. You will be proactively reaching out to business partners to advise them on infrastructure security and support prioritisation of infrastructure security control implementation within the Security Department.
As a Security Strategist, you will work closely with internal and external business partners across the organisation to deliver clear, informed security recommendations to them via maturity assessments of infrastructure changes and threat landscape analysis. You will provide guidance to security teams by identifying gaps in the overall security posture.
You get things done by influencing, not through authority. You unlock the creativity of your stakeholders and inspire them to get the best for our customers and partners. You provide input to strategic decisions by providing insights in the evolving threat landscape and optimizing the Security Team's processes and approach.
- End to end ownership of periodical strategic security maturity assessments with quarterly updates and recommendations to the Security Leadership Team
- Continuous assessment of the strategic threat landscape of the travel industry
- High level cyber risk assessments of major infrastructure roll out projects
- Identification of (new) attack path maps at the infrastructure layer
- Facilitation of red and purple team exercises and follow up for recommendation implementation
- Identification and facilitation of cross departmental collaboration
- 1-3 years experience with Cyber Security Frameworks
- 3+ years of experience in Security
- Experience in infrastructure security
- Security incident lifecycle awareness and previous experience using cyber kill chains and detection frameworks
- Experience with technical security/risk assessment execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate highly technical information in an accessible manner
- Analytical and critical mindset
- Self-starter and hands on attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to environment changes
- Experience with working in a large scale e-commerce company
- Experience in Threat Intelligence is a plus
- Cloud security knowledge is a plus
- Identity and access management knowledge is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a large scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com