For one of our key clients in the area of Nijmegen, the Netherlands, Progressive is looking for a motivated scientist who has experience in veterinary diagnostics and/or assay development.
The Center for Diagnostic Solutions (CDS) performs more than 200 different veterinary diagnostic assays and runs a variety of diagnostic related projects in support of our (global) technical marketing organization and our research organization. The lab is divided in a diagnostic team and a project team. We are looking for a new colleague in our project team. The project team has a broad range of tasks: introducing new assays, troubleshooting of existing assays, looking for new diagnostic tools, set-up and reporting of animal studies, organizing training sessions for customers etc. The expertise within in this team includes a variety of techniques: immunological assays, classic virological techniques and molecular biological techniques.
- Introduces new (veterinary diagnostic) assays. This is done either by transferring assays from R&D to the CDS, or by coordinating the development of an assay at an external partner or by developing the assay in house.
- Improves/evaluates existing (commercially available) assays.
- Looks for innovative veterinary diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Organizes and reports animal experiments.
- Maintains contacts with involved departments (e.g. global marketing, research, animal research, regulatory affair departments etc.)
- Organizes/runs training of commonly used lab techniques for customers.
- Fulfils general tasks within the organization related to GLP, SHE, IT and/or laboratory activities.
Required knowledge and skills
- HLO/Master (PhD applicants will not be reviewed) with at least 2 years of experience in the subject area: (veterinary) diagnostics and/or assay development.
- Master laboratory techniques associated within the areas of virology, molecular biology, serology and cell culture. (e.g. ELISA, Real-time PCR, (Next generation-)sequencing, cell culture etc)
- Demonstrated ability to master new research areas and techniques is a pre-requisite.
- Able to set priorities and switch between subjects in an independent way.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with and proactive approach to GLP and SHE requirements.
- An adequate level of English (written and spoken) is necessary.
- Team player
Our client is also looking for starters who have recently finished either their Masters, or Bachelor, in a major that matches this position, with relevant internship experiences that has given them some practical experience in laboratory techniques within the areas of virology, molecular biology, serology, and cell culture.