Within the cell biology department you will contribute to the production of proteins for R&D purposes. You will help the team in developing mammalian cell lines and you will supervise different research teams. With your expert knowledge you will represent the department within the organization.
You will actively propose new technologies for the optimization and innovation of cell culture processes and are responsible for its implementation. Additionally, you will work with external and internal parties to implement automations systems.
For the position of Scientist Cell Biology we are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- You have completed an PhD;
- You have at least 5 years of work experience within the industry, focussed on research;
- Broad knowledge and experience with various cell culture techniques, including mammalian cells;
- You have experience with cell banking, transfection, transduction, FACS and protein work;
- Experience with automation is preferred;
- You are flexible, can work/lead several teams and projects at once and are able to work to tight deadlines;
- You are fluent in English and preferably also in Dutch;
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands without the requirement of applying for a permit.
The culture within the company is aimed at innovation and excellence. Every employee is strongly motivated in the development of new medicine which improves patients’ lives. Your new colleagues are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve their common goal. They work in multifunctional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
We offer you a responsible position within an innovative organization. You will get a contract directly at the company. The salary offered for this position depends on your background and experience.
Do you have any questions regarding this vacancy? Please do not hesitate to contact Patrick de Haan, 31 (0)88 - 890 0839.
Are you an experienced laboratory professional and looking for the next step in your career? Balans Laboratorium mediates in a professional and thorough manner for technicians, scientists, senior scientists and managers with a laboratory or food background. If you are open to further broaden and deepen your career at a new employer, we suggest you visit our website to see how we can assist you in your search. If you want to leave us your details so we can contact you when we have an interesting position available for you, you can register via our website. Once you have registered, we will contact you within five working days to discuss your specific needs and wishes.