The Sales Support Associate is a customer role with the responsibility to guide opportunities through the quote process from opportunity creation to sales order. This role will rely on various internal sales support teams for various portions of the quote process but will be on point as the “quarterback” of the opportunity.
SSA will Support Sales/ Partners with creating, tracking status and garnering approvals for quotes.
- Provide live sales support for all system related questions and be the single point of subject matter expertise for any system or process enhancements (e.g., ECO enhancements)
- Support some pre-sales related activities for complex customer accounts
This position will handle both administrative tasks for account executives and sales representatives related to entering quote information and customer facing tasks (e.g., gathering requirements from Partners, supporting sales activities for complex customer accounts). While the key responsibility is shepherding all quotes to booking and thus, generating revenue for Equinix, when applicable the job may also require working with Customer Service Managers to support them on revenue related activities, in pre-sales activity or escalation context.
The job is therefore a key partner for Sales, Partners, Sales Engineers and Customer Service Managers. Daily activities include:
Pre-Sales Administration and Transactions Coordination
- Coordinate all pre-sales activity for small and medium size customers
- Collect complete and correct data upfront
- Validate quoting info provided by Partners
- Follow up directly with the Partner on any clarifications or additional info required to accurately generate quote
- Monitor and manage sales support queues in Salesforce
- Keep systems up to date with customer information and legal documents
- Manage cases according to regional Case Management guidelines
- Oversee quote approval process
- Handle escalation between Sales Support and other internal groups
- Work with the Partner Account Managers to ensure pricing agreements are in place and accurate
- Provide support to the Client Executive/GAM account managers generating legal agreements in SFDC and submitting nonstandard term requests to Legal (e.g. for MCA, GTC, Policies)
- Solution design & Recommendation (Role Phase 2)
- Direct deal support and triage function into the QSS organization
- Shepherding paperwork through approvals process; monitoring SLAs and escalating as necessary
- Assisting Partner with quote revisions
- Working with Partner to follow up with customer for signatures
- Working to move any quote/agreement that get “stuck” in the process
- Working cross functionally with Legal, Billing, Customer Care and IBX OPS
- Delivering job aids/FAQs to Sales
- Supporting complex accounts
- Partner pre-sales relationship management
- Renewals - pricing support
- Follow up with the Sales/Partner on deals coordination
- Follow up on quotes and orders
- Assist with Partner questions via email or phone
- Assist with gathering preliminary QBR info in a pre-sales context
- Participate in face to face Partner meetings as trusted pre-sales advisor together with Sales
Pre-Sales Project Management:
- Project manage cross region large, complex deals
- Be able to manage all changes and keep the quote and documents up to date
- Engage cross functional teams to coordinate requirements against deadlines
- Communicate effectively with a variety of departments within Equinix and function well within a team
Sales Systems and Processes Support:
- Deliver refresher trainings to the Partner to address knowledge gaps
- Communicate process improvements and enhancements to Partner teams
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in computer-related field
- Experience in a sales support role is preferred
- Siebel, Salesforce.com knowledge/experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous Equinix sales support experience.
- Strong understanding to the opportunity management in SFDC to issuance of a Sales Order in Siebel.
- Phase 2: Ability to aid the Partner in developing initial solutions and working with SA and GSAs to finalize a solution that can be “sold” and explained to the Partner.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to work cross functionally to get Sales Orders approved and be an advocate for the Partner.
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work and adapt in rapidly changing environment
- A Customer service focus
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, handle highly confidential information, and a self-starter attitude
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel (including Excel pivot tables), PowerPoint required
- Strong process orientation and analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Working knowledge of internet, hosting and networking concepts desirable
- A firm understanding of the Equinix products
- We look forward to meeting you!