Are you an experienced technical commercial candidate who is looking for the next step? Are you fluent in English and French and do you know how to build up and maintain relations in the OEM industry? Then this position can be interesting for you!
In 1968 Hypertherm discovered a way to create a narrower plasma arc, capable of cutting metal more quickly and more accurately than ever before. Fifty years later, the founding principle of customer-focused innovation continues to drive product development at Hypertherm. And that spirit of innovation is one of the reasons why Hypertherm's plasma, laser, and waterjet systems, software, motion controls and consumables consistently outperform the competition in cut quality, productivity, and cost-efficiency.
With more than 1.400 associates worldwide, and partners in 93 countries, Hypertherm serves clients in a broad range of industries. They are a 100% associate-owned company. Hypertherm was awarded by Forbes Magazine in 2018 America's Best honoree, earning the number 30 spot on its list of the 500 Best Midsize Employers and the number 2 spot among Engineering and Manufacturing companies.
You will be responsible for selling, promoting and supporting Hypertherm plasma systems, consumables, parts, and Hypertherm Automation controllers. In order to maximise Hypertherm market share you will work with OEMs in the Benelux, France, UK and Nordic territory. Furthermore you will be responsible for:
Prioritise and execute objectives based on regional opportunities for market penetration (e.g., develop new channel partners, create end user pull) including:
- Develop new and existing OEM channel partners to maximise market penetration and drive long-term profitability of existing base of OEMs CP's
- Review quarterly sales results against sales goals per OEM CP and per product line; improve OEM CP's profitability, develop, implement and revise strategy where necessary.
2. Consultative solution selling:
Develop annual business plans with key and developing OEMs to meet sales objectives and attain continued market share growth, including:
- OEM sales channel development
- Assess training needs, develop and execute a plan to fill requirements
- Determine annual/quarterly sales and profitability targets (e.g., develop and update market size and share data)
- Communicate and execute agreed upon promotional programs (e.g., PlasmaPlus)
- Gain commitment for and support joint activities (e.g., trade show, open house, end-user visits)
- Have formal quarterly Business reviews with OEM Senior management to review progress against target.
3. Marketing and promotion:
Implement new product launch programs; monitor and report results based on an established plan. Continue to promote existing products utilising available sales tools to optimise sales processes and results. And also presenting product features, benefits, advantages and promotional programs (e.g., loyalty) to selected strategic end users to achieve end-user product preference and pull.
4. Channel Partner training:
To maintain and develop the skill and knowledge levels of the channel partners, train OEMs and OEM's Channel Partners' sales teams on the advantages of Hypertherm products and services by conducting and/or organising regular training related to:
- Plasma Process
- Effective selling techniques and strategies
- Product features, benefits, and values
- How to demonstrate Hypertherm products
- Technical Service training.
Build capability throughout the channel partner's sales organisations to ensure the delivery of a consistent message. Encourage loyalty of selected strategic end-user accounts through training on optimisation of Hypertherm products including utilisation of latest technology (e.g., SilverPlus). (EU, Asia, LANZA)
5. Marketing Intelligence collection and reporting:
Maintain updated information and reports in customer relations management database (SalesLogix) to include relevant data for channel partners, end-users and installed base. Also gather competitive product information and share with sales team members and the respective business team to update competitive sales tools and strengthen Distinctive Value Proposition (DVP).
- A minimum of 10 years commercial and international experience in OEM sales (B-to-B)
- Master degree, (MBA is a strong advantage)
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work effectively in a global multi-cultural, matrix environment
- Capability to develop and implement detailed business plans; accountable to deadline and budget
- Experienced selling Total Cost of Ownership Solutions
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- An interesting, dynamic and challenging position at a market leader where initiative and entrepreneurship is highly valued
- A competitive salary package & benefits
- Global future career possibilities.