Are you passionate about responsible investing? Do you have great analytical skills? Do you see the added value of engaging companies? Do you have experience with developing ESG-policies and assessment of companies? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a proactive approach? Then this challenging and multi-faceted role is something for you!
The Sustainability & Strategy department is a team of driven professionals. Within ACTIAM, we are responsible for the development and implementation of the responsible and sustainable investment policies. This includes active ownership activities. We work closely with investors, relationship management, fund management and other departments within ACTIAM. We also work together with other (international) institutional investors and data providers. ACTIAM has the ambition to be one of the frontrunners in the area of responsible investment, in which we will continue to invest.
The team currently consists of 10 people, where you will be replacing one of our colleagues.
The Sustainability and Strategy team is positioned around three focus points:
- Research and Policy:
- The preparation of the responsible investment policy including the development of future themes such as health
- The analysis of companies, countries and data
- Screening our Fundamental Investment Principles
- Active Ownership:
- Engagements, with emphasis on the core themes of ACTIAM (like the planetary boundaries)
- Strategy and Innovation
- The development of ACTIAM’s long-term strategy
- Innovation within the field of responsible investment
- ESG related data
Your function is a combination of research and policy, and active ownership. We expect you to be flexible when it comes to projects and tasks related to other parts of our filed of attention.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious colleague. You enjoy contributing in a structured way towards the team and company goals. You work accurately and enjoy teaming up with your colleagues from all departments. You like to address sustainability issues both from a financial as from a social point of view.
In this independent function you get the freedom to organise your own work as well as apply and maintain the structure of the team’s work and responsibilities. It is therefore very important that you know how to set priorities and work in a precise and result-oriented matter. You understand the importance of sustainable investments. Both from a social as from a commercial point of view. The perfect candidate knows how to crunch through ESG-related data.
Your tasks include:
- Further improving our positioning, strategy and implementation of the focus themes/business drivers. See our policies for the background on this
- Analysing companies especially in the field of positive impact (Sustainable Development Goals) and on ‘adaptiveness towards transitions’
- Conducting engagement with investee companies to achieve behavioural change
- Contributing to innovation on emerging ESG subjects
- Ensure proper commitment and implementation of responsible investment within ACTIAM
- Screening investments against our policies in collaboration with our data supplier
- Preparing new policies and policy papers in the area of responsible investment
- Master in Ecology, Economics, Finance, Earth Sciences, Sustainable/ International development or similar;
- Excellent comprehension of the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant job experience, for example as an ESG investment strategist (or impact investing), ESG strategy-consultant, Active ownership specialist;
- Understanding of the asset management field
- Numerical insight and knowledge of ESG-data systems;
- Strong personality who likes to work together with different departments;
- Affinity with commercial tracks and outings;
- Proactive attitude and a flexible mindset;
- Ability to quickly switch between different tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure and accurately;
- Experience in responsible investing and working with social issues.
You work in a structured and process-oriented matter and are conscientious. You have proper comprehension of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing. You are results-oriented, thorough and systematic. You are seen as an informal leader with a positive attitude. Finally, you are good at working independently, but you are also a quintessential team player and a networker.
If you recognize yourself in the description and the challenge apply now.
For questions please contact Diederick Kavelaars, Talent Acquisition, +31 683 632 417.