John Crane in Duiven is seeking to recruit 2 Research & Development Engineers for the Filtration business to join the company on a permanent basis. Role no. 1 will be Design focused, while role no. 2 will be Research focused.
Role no. 1 will be responsible for coming up with, designing and developing of new products and technologies, product enhancement and value engineering to extend and improve John Crane Indufil's product portfolio.
Role no. 2 will be responsible for developing fundamental knowledge of filtration processes within John Crane Indufil, research innovations in filtration and scouting of new filtration technologies.
This is a great opportunity to join the company during a period of ambitious growth, with the chance to work in a high performing R&D team on cutting edge technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The R&D Engineer (Design) will support and supervise other departments in product development, designs, calculations and standardisation that contribute to increasing quality and knowledge. Work will also include technology scouting, setup and running of tests, prototyping and high level engineering support.
- The R&D Engineer (Research) will support and train of other departments in fundamental filtration knowledge and support in solving complex technical filtration problems. Work will also include modelling of complex filtration processes, creation of calculation/predictive tools, setting up and running of experiments, prototyping and high level sales/engineering support.
Duties & Responsibilities for both roles:
- Design new processes, products and technologies that fit into Indufil's product portfolio in close consultation with the sales and engineering divisions.
- Develop the products that have been designed in engineering documents, drawings etc. to create a parent file of new products that will serve as input for the engineers.
- Ensure that designed product conforms with legal requirements and standards and ensure that all relevant information is recorded in the dossier.
- Further develop fundamental knowledge of filtration processes. Research innovations in filtration. Scout for new technologies.
- Independently set up tests and experiments to test and validate existing and/or new products. Analyse measurements and incorporate them in a report.
- In consultation with the R&D Manager, come up with solutions regarding technical (filter) issues.
- Help other engineers with tackling problems and, where necessary, provide practical assistance.
- EHS&S and Quality.
Required skills and experience:
- Ideally University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline.
- Design role - experience in a Mechanical Design Engineering role.
- Research role - experience in a Mechanical Engineering / Research role, with an R&D focus.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (knowledge of SolidEdge – an asset).
- Ideally experience with Finite Element Analysis software.
- Experience working with with Filtration Products is highly advantageous; practical knowledge of pressure vessels, valves or other process industry applications is also an asset.
- Ideally experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Ideally experience with flow simulation software.
- Ideally knowledge of Instrumentation / Sensors / E&I.
- Attention to detail and the ability to build good relationships.
- A resource oriented person with an innovative mind, and focused on deadlines and targets.
- Fluent written and spoken English (knowledge of German – an asset).
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration solutions and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.