In the position of Research Associate Assay Development, you will be working within a team focussed on developing and validating biochemical and cellular assays. You will develop/validate and routinely perform binding assays and cell based functional assays on fully and semi-automated platforms in high density formats (384 well and 1536 well). You will make use of a variety of read-out technologies including fluorescence and luminescence.
Furthermore you will be responsible for the documentation of the assay development, report screening results and pro-actively communicate with colleague about the results.
For the position of Research Associate Assay Development (HLO) we are looking for candidates for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- A completed HLO education or equivalent (candidates at PhD level will not be considered for this position);
- Work experience (3-5 years) with immunological and cellular assays, such as viability, apoptosis, live-dead and reporter assays;
- Knowledge of and experience with immunology, celbiology, molecular biology and protein chemistry;
- Experience or affinity with lab automation and assay technologies;
- Experience with high through-put screening (HTS), Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) and Bio-Layer Interferometrie (BLI) is prefered;
- You have no problem working on several projects at the same time and are flexibel in your work attitude;
- Furthermore, you are fluent in both Dutch and English.
The culture within the company is aimed at innovation and excellence. Every employee is strongly motivated in the development of new medicines which improves patients’ lives. Your new colleagues are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve their common goal. They work in multifunctional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Unfortunately, candidates who have finished a PhD are not suitable for this position.
We offer you a responsible position within an innovative organization. You will get directly a contract at the company. The salary offered for this position depends on your background and experience.
Do you have any questions regarding this vacancy? Please do not hesitate to contact Patrick de Haan, 31 (0)88 - 890 0838.
Are you an experienced laboratory professional and looking for the next step in your career? Balans Laboratorium mediates in a professional and thorough manner for technicians, scientists, senior scientists and managers with a laboratory or food background. If you are open to further broaden and deepen your career at a new employer, we suggest you visit our website to see how we can assist you in your search. If you want to leave us your details so we can contact you when we have an interesting position available for you, you can register via our website. Once you have registered, we will contact you within five working days to discuss your specific needs and wishes.