Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience.
- To deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay.
- To assist in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible to maintain high quality customer service.
- To administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
- To ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently.
- To be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes.
- To undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
- To keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information to guests.
- To communicate with other departments (eg, housekeeping, maintenance) for any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to ensure the proper status of the rooms offered to guests.
- To assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times.
- To undertake all training as required (eg, first aid, health and safety, customer service).
- To adhere to all fire safety test procedures and to assist in the evacuation process in the event of fire.
Skills and Experience Required
Good command of the Dutch and English language, Chinese speaking candidate has priority
A friendly and welcoming approach
Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
The ability to work unsupervised
The Hotel Receptionist is responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, in line with the hotel’s vision and values on customer satisfaction. The main purposes of the hotel reception area’s staff are to respond courteously to guests’ requests, play a part in the general running of the reception desk and help the General Manager to maintain a smooth room bookings service.