Are you ready to build and improve the Quality & HSE department within a successful manufacturing company? For Sofis, a global market leader, we are looking for a Quality & HSE Manager that is going to further professionalize the company on Quality and that is going to implement continuous improvement in this field. A work week of 32 hours is possible, at Alphen aan den Rijn.
Sofis is a manufacturer of valve operation systems such as mechanical valve interlocks, portable actuators and valve position indicators. Sofis is the world's largest interlock manufacturer, providing bespoke design solutions that protect people and property throughout the world. Sofis is dedicated to getting people home safe and increasing overall plant safety and efficiency while doing so.
Valve interlocks are used to guarantee a predetermined sequence of valve operations. This is often customer specific. As all Sofis products are mounted on valves, they are bespoken to fit the valve. As part of Halma plc company they have a big variety of companies which can benefit each other. Halma has a core focus on safety, health and the environment and their products provide innovative solutions for many of the key problems facing the world today.
Sofis valves concentrated the manufacturing in the Netherlands at the Alphen aan den Rijn location (near Leiden). The manufacturing hall consists of a workshop and a warehouse. For this manufacturing location we are looking for Quality & HSE Manager.
Do you get energy from continuous improvement, creating structure and creating the right QA/QC processes? Do you like to still get your hands dirty sometimes, to improvise and work hands-on? Then we might be looking for each other. As Quality & HSE Manager you will report to the Operations Director and work together with the management to set-up and implement the policies on Quality and HSE level for the manufacturing and the field engineers that work on client locations. Your main tasks consist of:
- Setting up and implementing quality and hse policies;
- Driving and promoting first class quality & hse management performance, promoting ownership and extensive employee engagement across the company;
- Actively developing a positive quality culture across the organization;
- Provide regular Quality reports and information to the board, directors and management team;
- Develop and implement systems and processes to reduce waste generation and increase recycling and conservation practices;
- Lead Process and Improvement initiatives, be creative and innovative in their approach to continuous improvement and be the driving force for change;
- Developing concepts and strategies in to working solutions with frameworks, processes, and collaterals, communication and deployment plans.
Sofis is a global market leader within the interlock valve systems. As Quality & HSE Manager you are going to help to develop Sofis to the next level on quality within their manufacturing location of 12 fte. You are capable to be hands-on and help where needed but also communicate with the board, suppliers, clients and workers. Do you recognize yourself in this and do you have:
- Several years' experience within a similar role within engineering/manufacturing;
- Creative in problem solving and positive spirited;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and influence on all levels within the organization;
- Experience with implementing and auditing management systems;
- Continuous improvement experience for example: Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, GMP etc.;
- Hands-on mindset and not afraid to get your hands dirty;
- Fluent in English and living in the Netherlands.
Sofis is a small manufacturer but offers a very dynamic work environment. They actively promote talent exchange within other Halma companies, which means that there are many different growth opportunities.