Because safety, environment, health and quality is part of their daily operations, we are looking for an inspiring EHSQ manager who can lead the Kemira Rotterdam organization to a higher level of safety awareness and behavior and safeguard compliancy towards laws and regulations.
We're recruiting a business leader and that likes the ability to impact the culture and to drive change within an ambitious and motivated MT.
Kemira, where water meets chemistry
At Kemira, they use their chemistry to improve your everyday. It means making your packaging lighter and stronger, your paper towels softer, and your print colors brighter. They make your drinking water safe, your wastewater clean, and by adding their chemistry, you get more out of energy resources.
By adding their expertise, your everyday business runs smoother and more efficiently. You add a committed partner who innovates together with you and creates solutions for a profitable, sustainable future. Their job is to add value while adding peace of mind. They call it "adding to your everyday".
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water-intensive industries, they are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. Kemira provides expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve their customer's product quality, process and resource efficiency. Their focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas, and water treatment. They drive to achieve above-the-market growth through their competent people, high-performing organization, product and service innovations, and a strengthened presence in selected emerging markets.
For our client, Kemira we are exclusively recruiting a:
Location: Rotterdam Botlek and Europoort
Because safety, environment, health and quality is part of their daily operations, we are looking for an inspiring EHSQ manager who can lead the Kemira Rotterdam organization to a higher level of safety awareness and behavior and safeguard compliancy towards laws and regulations. The QHSE Manager has 3 direct and 10 indirect reports and will report directly to the Plant Manager.
Industry & Water supports municipalities and water intensive industries in the efficient and sustainable utilization of resources. In water treatment, they help in optimizing every stage of the water cycle. In oil and gas applications, their chemistries enable improved yield from existing reserves and reduced water and energy use.
- Leading the EHSQ department and working together with head of BHV.
- Comply with rules and regulations especially with regard to BRZO, environment and labor conditions (Arbo)
- Comply with corporate and local Kemira standards in the field of EHSQ and programs to initiate, implement or inspire.
- Maintain and improve Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001/14001/18001, Seveso III.
- Actively stimulate the safety culture focused on reduction of incidents and prevent hazardous conditions and situations.
- Share pro-actively information to internal, external and corporate organization on EHSQ developments e.g. authorities, customers, Works Council, VNCI, GB and corporate functions.
The ideal candidate is a business leader and that likes the ability to impact the company culture and to drive change within an ambitious and motivated MT within an international organization at a plant that has multiple international high investments projects running.
You have a strong team orientation and pro-active to lead. You are innovative, yet practical and realistic 'can-do' mentality, driven to succeed. As a QHSE Manager you are consistent and follow through self-motivating and learning mindset to get things done as agreed.
Next to this, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Environmental, Chemical, HVK and/or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a QHSE Manager in a BRZO context (must)
- Strong background in Continuous Improvement (LEAN) / Lean Auditor experience
- PHA / Hazop Leader experience is a pré
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English and Dutch
An international organization at a plant that has multiple high investments projects running. A chance to impact the company culture and to drive change in an ambitious environment. (Inter-)national growth opportunities possible.
Good primary and secundary salary package.
Please note: this is a "manager on call" position