Reporting directly into the Global Procurement Director the purchasing manager is responsible for the purchasing of packaging, raw materials and tolling and has full authority within the budget and agreed priorities.
Our client is a world leader in several sectors of the specialty chemicals market for a wide variety of industries and applications. their products are added to a wide range of products used every day at home, work or leisure.
The Business Area Animal Nutrition, is currently undergoing a major investment and now has an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join the production site of our customer. This position has emerged at a really exciting time and presents the successful candidate with an opportunity to play a key role in our ambitious plans for further growth within the Animal Nutrition industry.
The production location of our customer is located in the southern part of country and specializes in the production of feed additives based on organic acids.
- Determine and actively participate in the purchasing policy for packaging, raw materials and tolling.
- Develop and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Coordinate and execute purchasing activities;
- Search for products and services.
- Negotiating contract.
- Handling warranty and claims.
- Provide market information that influences the purchased services and products.
- Conduct, Evaluate and discuss supplier assessments to achieve continuous improvements using global processes while considering local necessitates.
- Register and handle Suppliers complaints
- Guiding and optimizing the purchasing process (Source to Pay).
- Administrating the toll productions and support local planning in call off
- Coordination with the Local Planners for needs and complaints regarding raw materials, packaging and tolling.
- Responsible to guide new raw materials, packaging and services on site according to GMP+ standards.
- Recording all activities in work instructions (SOP) with risk assessment and keeping them up to date in the Quality Manual
- Participation in the budget process, drawing up performance indicators and setting general goals for the purchasing policy for packaging, raw materials and tolling in consultation with Global Procurement.
- Actively forecast prices to the benefit various production and financial planning processes
- Process the raw material prices in Dynamics, evaluation and controlling that the finished goods are calculated correct on a monthly basis.
- Developing the purchasing department following global guidelines.
- Applying and propagating our customers life savings rules.
- Actively working for continuous improvement
- Bachelors Degree with approx. 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Good communication skills, negotiator. team player
- Solution-oriented thinking ability, pro-active, stress-resistant, analytical skills.
- Able to make analyzes and identify a pattern.
- Leadership skills
- Familiar with GMP+, FAMIQS or other feed quality schemes is a Plus
- Relevant training done in the areas of purchasing, ISO, management, communication and making reports.
- Dutch, English
€ 55.000,00 - € 65.000,00 /jaar