Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Professional Scientific Services Insourcing Solutions (PSS) is a multi-award-winning solution for the pharmaceutical and other regulated industries. Full time, permanent PSS team members are engaged directly on the client sites in a long term, collaborative service arrangement carrying out a variety of scientific and support duties. PSS was established 18 years ago, and employs over 2000 employees worldwide. Clients with whom we established a service scope with in 2002, we are still continually serving today! We have teams in place ranging in size from 2 to 300. In the Netherlands we have about 100 enthusiastic colleagues, spread over five client locations.
We offer you a career with a world leader in the field op lab expertise. At PSS, collegiality, collaboration, customer focus and delivering high-quality work are paramount.Job Description
The PSS Director Netherlands will be responsible for the PSS Business Unit in the Netherlands. He or she will lead the PSS Netherlands organization by focusing on continuous improvement of the services levels delivered to the clients, by focusing on the people aspect of the organization, and by a strong focus on business development. There are significant opportunities for growing the business with the existing clients and by starting strategic partnerships with new clients.
Team of 2 PSS Managers and close collaboration with the HR department. Headcount of the organization that you will lead under your responsibility is close to 100 employees.
- Maintaining excellence of service to the client at all sites, and instilling this excellence of service to all new sites. Meeting or exceeding client expectations in terms of quality, productivity, team stability and client satisfaction.
- Working with PSS management and the teams to ensure they have the support required to provide the best service possible to the client.
- Financial responsibility for the business unit, including budgeting, adherence to financial goals and maximizing the financial performance of the business unit.
- Supporting PSS management on on-site leaders to ensure teams are operating in a compliant, efficient, quality-oriented and safe manner, have good employee morale, balance of talent and good retention of employees.
- Driving business development within the business unit, identifying new opportunities for growth, and to project manage those opportunities to expand the business.
- Engaging with Human Resources to ensure we are developing strategies to attract appropriate talent, managing succession planning and providing development opportunities within the business unit.
Note: you carry responsibility for the above items, but the execution of some of these items can be delegated.Qualifications
- A degree in a related discipline is required.
- A qualification in business skills is an advantage
Experience / Skills
- At least 7 to 10 years relevant technical experience with at least 5 years at a senior level of leadership within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent leadership skills and at least 5 years previous senior leadership experience.
- Strong business and relationship development skills
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulated environments.
- Financial acumen and business unit performance management.
PSS and Eurofins: A world of possibilities
Working at PSS means working with highly motivated people with a can-do mentality. Our people work in an international environment, within an enthusiastic team and for an organization where there is sufficient room to develop further. Working together is extremely important to us and having fun in what you do is part of that! Our monthly team lunches, team activities and reward and recognition to our colleagues are an example of this. We also offer:
- A responsible and challenging position within the team;
- Plenty of room for your own ideas and input;
- Specialist training and a range of opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Flexible working hours;
- Good salary and benefits.
Working at PSS offers you the flexibility and personal touch of working in a medium sized and dynamic company, whilst also allowing you to benefit from having Eurofins as a parent company. Our ambitious growth plans provide ample opportunities for the motivated employees:
- Plenty of opportunities for growth;
- Varied work where you are in regular contact with other companies and scientists within the Eurofins group;
- A broad customer portfolio ensuring a lot of diversity in your work.
Would you like to know more?
For questions regarding the position, please contact our Managing Director, Ronaldo Steentjes at 071 524 40 80.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.