Group IT Project Management Office PMO is responsible for ensuring the planned and controlled delivery of key global technology projects. Our clients does this by creating appropriate governance, reporting and decision-making frameworks within which the projects operate and support this through our professional Project Managers (PM) and Project Support Officers (PSO).
Our client is a global leader in optical retailing, committed to delivering high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. With more than 6,400 stores they are present in 44 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
They recruit for a career, not just a job. They are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop their people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Their preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there's always somewhere else to go. They strive for continuous improvement and their new recruits help them to further raise the future potential of the company.
Their whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and areas of our business. They continually support and develop their people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Support the program and project managers in applying a defined way of working, from start to end of project.
- Setting up projects in relevant tools.
- Manages contact information for project teams, stakeholders, vendors and other relevant contacts.
- Supports Project Managers running key governance meetings including tracking the delivery of meeting inputs in advance and ensuring delivery of the outputs - minutes and action/risk/issue/decision log updates and coordinates the delivery of standard consolidated reports and overviews at project/program level.
- Organises venues and logistics around workshops, meetings and training events.
- Support the PMO in providing full transparency on project status, progress and results. Enabling it to be the single source of truth on IT project planning and reporting. Provides ad-hoc support, produce ad-hoc reports, analysis and overviews.
Support the administration of the PMO.
- Contract and work request management.
- Supplier invoice and timesheet reconciliation.
- Collect and collate data for regular reporting on KPI's.
- Maintain cost trackers and updated budget forecasts.
- Facilitates on-boarding and off-boarding of project resources.
- Organised, meticulous and proactive.
- Having a positive customer first, can do attitude.
- Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of energy and ambition to make a positive impact.
- Able to prioritise and organize their workload effectively.
- Adaptable to work across multiple time zones as required.
- Experience working in a PSO role within a complex organisation, there is a strong preference for previous IT PMO experience.
- Knowledge and experience of PMO tools, methodologies and best practices.
- A strong command of MS Office, Project and SharePoint.
- Experienced working within international teams.
- Experience of working on multiple projects and/or programs simultaneously.
- Understanding of project administration and creating a project spend and forecast for inputs to monthly reporting and quarterly budgeting.
- Educated to Bachelor level.
- Qualification in one or more of the following; Prince2, IPMA, PMI, P3O.
- Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken) all business, internally and with our sister and partner companies is done through English.
As the global footprint grows there is the opportunity to be a key team member in varied and challenging projects and to assume more responsibility within projects and the possibility to manage smaller projects.