Are you creative ? Is your personal motivation strongly content driven ? Would you like to be involved in complex hydraulic and coastal engineering projects? Do you get energy out of finding creative solutions on the edges of disciplines, fulfilling scientific learning and curiosity goals in your projects ? Is it your ambition to work as project leader on challenging, multidisciplinary projects in the field of marine works, coastal and harbour projects, river engineering ? Then have a look at our vacancy and apply immediately online !
As an hydraulic engineer you will manage and work on projects for coastal protection, port expansions and coastal and offshore works. You could be designing nature based solutions, beach nourishments, but also structures such as rubble mound breakwaters, coastal and river dikes and revetments, groins and scour protection, …, including geotechnical aspects. If your track record is related to offshore wind farms, you should be familiar with the structure-seabed interaction, including geotechnical aspects, scour development and scour protection for both foundations and cables. Within these projects you have knowledge on the application of numerical models to determine the hydro- and morpho-dynamic site conditions, on geotechnics and have applied calculation tools for hydraulic design. Additional experience with site supervision and site investigation is a plus. We see the hydraulic structures as an element to serve the well-being and protection of nature and society. The design is based on environmental friendly and natural processes and entails creativity and knowledge, i.e. creativity to optimize the use of the available space and knowledge to translate the chosen alternative into a pragmatic, environmental friendly and cost-efficient design. As these solutions are more and more part of an integrated approach, thorough knowledge of river, coastal or marine dynamics is a plus. As a hydraulic engineer, we offer you a challenging environment characterized by a lot of chances for further knowledge development so that you can make the difference. We do not yield on our quality. Our hydraulic engineering team is currently working on Belgian projects such as Oosterweel-connection in Antwerp, Complex Project Coastal Vision, harbor projects in Antwerp and Ghent, different river related design projects. Also in an international setting you could be part of a team working on hydraulic projects all over the globe. Within such projects you would be designing structures, calculating risks, evaluating failure mechanisms and assessing the impact on the environment. Tasks that could be related to the feasibility phase, pre-design and/or design phase. In collaboration with scientific institutes you will be actively searching new methodologies and technologies and contributing to research and development projects. Depending on your experience, you can grow to senior expert or senior project leader.
As hydraulic engineer you would be part of the Product Market Combination Coasts, Delta’s and Rivers currently being built out in Belgium. This PMC is active in Belgium and internationally, in a broad range of hydraulic projects, from the feasibility phase to realization and maintenance of structures. As we are currently growing at a steady pace, we are looking at enthusiastic colleagues. Your office would be located in Ghent, Antwerp or Brussels (Steenokkerzeel). You have the possibility to developer further in one our international offices.
- Wat wij vragen
- civil engineering degree, preferably with a master thesis in hydraulic engineering;
- experience with scientific research in hydraulic engineering, as shown by your PhD, with relevant journal publications or conference presentations, would be considered as an extra asset;
- knowledge and track-record with nature based solutions
- good PC-skills with standard software and knowledge of specific hydraulic software related to design of hydraulic structures ;
- minimal 5 years work experience in engineering & consulting, in a research facility, a contractor or any other relevant work environment;
- good contacts with possible clients and partners;
- experience in leading teams and controlling projects, with a client focus;
- excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills ; analytical mind;
- entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, curious, open and pro-active personality;
- Wat wij bieden
- a position as project leader in diverse and challenging projects in the hydraulic and marine environment;
- a key position in a growing team;
- cooperation with interesting and enthusiastic colleagues in multidisciplinary teams;
- participation in research and development projects, in cooperation with knowledge institutes;
- room for initiative and responsibility;
- solid guidance by senior staff and different possibilities for internal and external training;
- a market conform salary package
- Wie wij zijn
As an engineering and consultancy firm, we advise and help clients all over the world in resolving today’s complex challenges. With a network of 21 offices in 11 countries and some 1,200 engineers and consultants, we work on improving the human environment for everyone, today and for future generations. Together with our stakeholders, we contribute to social, ecological and economic progress, with the sustainable development goals of the United Nations serving as an inspirational guideline. Every year, we complete some 3,000 projects in the fields of infrastructure, water, the environment and construction. In these projects, our aim is to maximise value creation. That means sustainable solutions for society, maximum value for clients, and opportunities for talent development for our employees. More information about our organisation can be found in the Annual Report on our website.
React If you are interested in this vacancy, please react immediately online: www.witteveenbos.com . For more information on this vacancy, please contract Piet Haerens (Business Unit Manager Marine & Coastal Engineering - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com