We are looking for you as a Project Engineer who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and drive a project from start to finish. You are the project expert matter who your colleagues can come to with a wide range of questions. You appreciate short lines and direct communication which allows you to have a direct impact on the business.
Is this something for you? Than this is a great opportunity for you as a Project Engineer!
Our client is an energy services provider to the world's leading national and international oil and gas companies, manufacturing and distributing products that enable the extraction of oil and gas.
You will be working from the office located in Velsen Noord in Noord Holland. It is a small office with approximately 10 employees and approximately 20 employees in the workshop.
As a Project Engineer you are responsible for the engineering design of new and modified oilfield equipment, from the conceptual stage and developing them into a commercial product. You will be expected to work on a wide variety of equipment design, from Sand Filters, Heat Exchangers, Manifolds, Structural and ancillaries as directed.
Also we expect from you to work accurately under pressure and with minimum of supervision.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Providing technical, operational and sales support for day-to-day operations;
- Undertake a wide variety of engineering design from updating existing designs and files to working on elements of new design projects;
- Design to requirements and specifications as defined ensuring appropriate cost and quality of product and produce the relevant supporting documentation to ensure completion of deliverables;
- Verify designs through calculation, create design models and drawings, create test procedures and manuals, assist with technical support, check the work of other Design Engineers;
- Support the Sales Department with preparing quotations, proposals and ensuring that administration and workshop processes are adhered to at all times;
- Back-up the Fabrication Department if necessary by creating job packages and maintain customer contacts and manufacturing schedules for assigned customers;
- Lead and manage people (those with direct reports) effectively through delegating responsibilities, encouraging and motivating individuals and team to improve performance and developing measures to ensure individuals meet objectives, monitoring and appraising performance and giving regular feedback in a constructive manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent 5 to 10 years work experience with a strong technical background;
- At least 2 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry;
- Knowledge of general fabrication and design procedures, and of materials and its properties;
- Experience in designing oilfield products such as vessels, piping, structural frames, Instrumentation and electrical;
- Proficient in using 2D or 3D CAD software such as Autodesk Inventor;
- Able to perform calculations pertaining to the product design such as stress analysis;
- Good command of the English language.
With career opportunities and apprenticeships to help you realize your potential, our client offers tailored training programs for a generation of employees who seek challenges within the rewarding world of Oil & Gas.
Do you still have questions? Send email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.