Production Engineering Specialist
What makes Yanmar Marine International (YMI) unique you ask?
At Yanmar Marine International you will find that we are very passion about our work and about boating!
During summer, we like to grab a SUP and relax on the channel next to our office or each month attend the Knowledge Club classes where we learn about engines, take language classes, learn about different cultures or even take boating lessons.
We want to offer employees the opportunity to not only focus on their work life, but also enrich their personal life through different experiences.
Here, at YMI we are passionate about boating. What are you passionate about?
Right now, we are looking for a passionate Production Engineer Specialist for marine engine and related products, to organize production according to demand and quality standards. You will be the one to ensure our goods are produced on time for distribution and in a profitable manner. You will be responsible for the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
Production installation for marine engine and products
- For new products and projects, make the total production flow and coordinate the end to end process
- Create the new production plan and establish the location of the build and assembly
- Create the production flow, from order taking to internal shipping
- Establish the supply chain flow for new production
- Create the new production operation and installation manuals
- Make the requirement list for the necessary production devices and ensure that the tools needed for assembly are available
- Ensure that all teams are instructed on the (new) production process
- Analyse production operation and calculate production operation time
Process improvement projects within production
- Evaluate new process technologies to improve productivity, quality and cost reduction
- Coordinate projects to improve the total production flow
Assist with the production plan for new (engines) designs
- Organize the design change meetings and ensure that all parties are involved
- Oversee production schedules and production activities
- Acts as the point of contact between YMI, YEU and Yanmar Japan
- Education: HBO level or higher
- Experience as a production engineer, especially assembling or production planning, production installation or establishing the production line
- Professional English language is required
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with and knowledge of improvement and quality methodology like SPC, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, root cause analysis, 8D, Six Sigma (DMAIC) problem solving technique
- Flexible, structural and pragmatic way of working, able to prioritize own work most efficiently with focus on solutions and result.
- Friendly colleagues: your colleagues are always there to help, make a joke or just listen to you.
- Challenging work: we encourage employees to come up with ideas, challenge concepts and ways of working. Thus, everyone becomes an integral part of the business.
- International working environment: every day we interact with people all over the Globe, being customer, clients, distributors or colleagues. No matter the location, everyone is family to us!
- Learning opportunities: we strongly believe skills can be taught, if one is willing to learn! That is why we offer each employee the opportunity to decide his/her own development plan, together with their manager. From personalised training session, global assignments, shadowing or coaching, each employee gets the chance to develop according to their own career plan.
Next to this we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Annual bonus, based on company’s results
- 27 days of paid holiday
- Fun team building activities
- Training opportunities for personal development.
Others: excellent pension scheme, flexible working time, travel allowance for business trips and reimbursement of commuting cost
About the company
Founded in 1912, YANMAR has grown into a respected and trusted global manufacturer of highly advanced, efficient engine products and equipment, with over 20.000 employees and sales network operating in over 130 countries.
YANMAR Marine International (YMI) is the Global headquarters for the Marine Recreational business unit and it is located in Almere, the Netherlands.
I am looking forward in receiving your application, in English, at:
YMI-HR@yanmar.com attn. Luciana Popescu, HR Business Partner Europe
Please note acquisition by agencies won’t be appreciated.