Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Within the Global Product and Process Development (PPD) department of Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate (CCC), new processes and products are developed, and research is done to enlarge the knowledge in the broadest sense of the word on cocoa, chocolate and coatings & fillings. The focus is on innovation and product & process optimization. The scope of the role is for the product lines cocoa powder, liquor and butter for the regions Europe and Africa.
The product and process technologist will define and execute research and development projects. Ideation, building a business case and project proposals are part of your responsibilities. Basis a thorough analysis of the results, this role will be crucial to communicate the conclusions and follow up actions with relevant departments based on a strong stakeholder management.
The product and process technologist is on a key technical leadership position working closely with product line management, marketing, operations, and food quality, safety and regulatory within the Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate business and with relevant departments within other Cargill product groups, Cargill Innovation Centre, external institutes, suppliers and universities.
The product and process technologist reports to the Group PPD manager.
Job location(s): Wormer, The Netherlands
- Conduct research and complex experiment and analyze results. And/or provide oversight for interpretation of trials
results completed by self, team members and/or corporate research groups and determine next steps. Present results to
- With minimal oversight, manage more complex projects encompassing multiple product lines, processes improvement
and/or novel ingredients discovery and ensuring appropriate resource allocation. Communicate project results and
recommend actionable next steps to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the innovation pipeline and portfolio with ideas for the conversion of scientific as well as to the growth of
distinctive product and process offerings. Support parts of more complex innovation and cost improvement projects
and/or lead innovation and cost improvement projects.
- Coordinate with various functions, including marketing, food safety, and plant operations to ensure adequate resources
are engaged to test and deliver technical findings (e.g. Pilot and/or Scale-up processes from the laboratory to commercial
- Mentor food technicians in designing and executing project activities.
- Actively partner with Intellectual asset management liaison to assist with the development of strategies, processes, and
control mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies. Provide technical expertise to support
this process and to secure innovation property rights.
- Draw upon in-depth knowledge to support research and development innovation growth by partnering with businesses
and with technology partners (universities, research and development organizations, industry forums, etc.) to identify
emerging trends and needs.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more
complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in food science, food technology, chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Relevant work experience in product and/or process technology.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Project management skills including planning (time and resources).
- Excellent verbal, communication, prioritization, report writing and presentation skills. Including the ability to communicate technical and sensory details to wide array of people and project teams.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill