Challenging position where you contribute to the organization growth by creating a new digital platform.
We are CARU Containers. We trade and lease new and used shipping containers across the globe, operating from offices in 8 countries. In the year 2000, CARU Containers was born from a merger between CATU Rotterdam, Trade Craft and Lease Craft. With the fusion of CARU Containers Rob Tromp, our current CEO, and Paul Ockers made container trading more professional and human.
At CARU, we love containers because they're an unpretentious product. They do what they do, and they're pretty good at it. And because of their simplicity, the possibilities are endless. In our opinion, the container is the invention of the 20th century.
We can relate to containers, as we are also always on the move. We explore other countries, new ways of trading, and new digital technologies. We aim to make buying and leasing containers a pleasure. Simple, human, transparent, and fun. And it seems this approach is working: we have grown to be one of the largest traders of containers in the world.
CARU Container is at the beginning of their digital journey including the development and roll out of their innovative digital "container" channels. As Product Owner you are an important asset within the development of the digital channels and you will be involved in the digital roadmap and projects in close collaboration with the Digital team and partners. Digital is the future and will not only need to support existing business but is also the perfect tool to create more market share by entering countries where CARU Containers is not active yet.
The product owner is one of the business partners for the internal organization, (internal and external) stakeholders and external suppliers. You will work closely together with Digital Program Manager, Salesforce Administrator and Developers in the team to deliver the best digital solution that meets the (future) needs of the target groups in the market.
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Digital Officer.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap
- Develop digital business initiatives
- Refine and prioritize backlog
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of stakeholders and end-users
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends
- Bachelors or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in digital project management
- Experience within the logistics / supply chain / shipping industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience in an agile environment preferred
- Customer experience focused, self-starter, eye for detail, strives for perfection
- Good communicator, builds relationship with international offices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel globally
- Entrepreneurial mindset
A challenging senior position as Product Owner with the opportunity to be part of an exciting digital journey within an innovative and fast pace company as CARU Containers. You play an important role in the development of the digital channels and connect business needs with IT developers. The company offers a full comprehensive benefits package (including bonus).
Contact person Ricardo Nasser - Associate Information Technology (Permanent)
Contact details / 06-22412737