The Product Owner (PO) is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the IT Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the Oikocredit IT systems.
Oikocredit is a cooperative society that offers loans or investment capital for microfinance institutions, cooperatives and small and medium-sized enterprises in developing countries. It is one of the world's largest private financiers of the microfinance sector.
The PO is responsible for coordinating with the accountable business owners who, as end user, will make strategic decisions on the future of each IT system and how they are to be used within the company. He/she develops a vision on how IT should support the business for his/her domain.
The PO is the point of contact for all other end users to report maintenance and defect elimination related issues. He/she maintains a product backlog by structuring change requests from end users and describe change requests to the business analyst in the IT unit in such detail that it is clear what is being requested.
Additionally he/she sets priority of change requests and makes sure that enough change requests are pre-analyzed and are ready for effort and complexity estimation sessions (enough for 2 or 3 sprints).
He/she organizes and leads meetings including effort and complexity estimation sessions, to assess complexity of user stories, as well as sprint planning meetings.
He/She has final decision on what stories are included in each sprint. On completion of a sprint he/she organizes acceptance testing by users (for release) and approval testing by users (after release).
- Collect relevant internal and external data and information regarding applications, systems and / or functional requirements, conduct in-depth analysis and interpretation of the data at request or at own initiative based on own expertise, and perform feasibility studies, in close cooperation with other departments.
- Translate business needs and results of own analysis into new and innovative developments and possibilities into technical designs, roadmaps and IT solutions, if needed together with external partners.
- Provide advice or recommendations at request or at own initiative based on own expertise regarding the appropriateness of new IT developments, systems, solutions, tooling and processes, potential improvement opportunities and the (dis)advantages of implementation of new/renewed solutions within the assigned area.
- Develop and test IT solutions in line with infrastructure and ensure availability for users in all phases of development and report on progress.
- Address (escalated) incidents or problems and provide support (fixing root cause or making code changes in the designed system), investigation and diagnosis, resolution and recovery, incident closure, and incident ownership, monitoring, tracking and communication.
- Monitor, safeguard, test and analyze the use and security of applications regarding the functional and performance aspects and in line with the agreed performance indicators, and if necessary take measures.
- Provide insights at request or at own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses.
- Select, monitor and manage contracts / SLAs with external / third parties, within policies and guidelines.
- Master degree in Information Management, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in coordinating business requirements with several stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Strong stakeholder management & communication skills
- Combines analytical skills with goal orientation and focus on delivery
- Experience in project management
- Fluent in English and preferably one other language (Dutch, German, French or Spanish)
Decisiveness, Problem analysis and assessment, (Strategic) vision, Initiative, Cooperation, Building and maintaining networks and relations, Verbal communication and presentation, Planning and organizing,
Good financial package coupled with growth perspective within an internationally oriented working environment.
€ 55.000,00 - € 58.000,00 /jaar