The more we uncover about the microbiome and microbial world, the more we realise there's much more to discover. We are on the verge of truly understanding the role of the microbiome in health, disease, nutrition, and even in solutions for greener agriculture.
Our client is a contract research laboratory for DNA-based analysis. In the past 25 years our client has especially developed strong expertise and experience in microbial genomics research. Our client offers a complete range of microbial genomics services, including metagenomics, microbiome analysis and microbial strain characterisation services.
For the product development department we are looking for an additional product manager microbiome who will be responsible for the development of new products and services in the field of microbiome analysis. Our client's primary focus will be on skin microbiome analyses. You work closely together with the other product managers and the other colleagues of the product development team.
- Responsible for the development of new products and services within current and new product lines, related to microbiome research and host-microbiome interactions.
- Follow and keep informed of developments in the field and actively respond and contribute to these.
- Responsible for quality control, enforcement and improvement of current products and services
- Communication with external and internal customers before, during and after projects. Regularly visiting and proactively contacting customers is essential.
- Supervision of national and international research projects.
- Product outreach by presentations at conferences and expert meetings, publications, etc.
- Provide support with budgeting and actively contribute to cost control.
- Our client is looking for a result-oriented, enthusiastic and ambitious candidate with an international reputation in microbiome research. Experience in the skin microbiome domain is considered an advantage
- Commercial thinking, you are a candidate who thinks in solutions instead of questions.
- Good communication skills in the English language is required; in the Dutch language is considered an advantage.
- PhD in a microbiology / microbiome related subject.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and driven candidate with a "can-do" mentality who has the ability to work accurately and result-oriented under pressure of deadlines.
Our client is offering a challenging full-time (40-hour) position in a growing high-tech company, where you would work in a team and with a high degree of independence. The appointment is for a definitive period (12 months), with the possibility to extend into an indefinite period if the results are desirable. Salary is based on age and experience with a comprehensive benefits package.
55,000 - 70,000 /jaar