Exciting, customer focused role between cutting edge technology and marketing, helping to develop the product vision and help to fully digitize the customer journey.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
Automotive and Specialty Coatings' Color Marketing department is responsible for a sophisticated range of color tools and software that are essential to the success of the AkzoNobel coatings business. In our journey to fully digitize our customer's color library, the spectrophotometer and color matching services are key.
Within this context your mission in this role as the Product Manager for the digital color matching module (Automatchic), is to deliver first time right color matching in a global competitive coatings market. This is a diverse, highly visible role based in their Sassenheim location (near to Leiden). You will be required to understand the complexity of digital color and translate customer wishes into business requirements, while proposing new products and product adaptations within the framework of the general directives of the Color Strategy.
This position will utilize a unique mix of IT, Business and Marketing skills;
- Translate customer requirements and requests into business requirements
- Develop the product vision
- Propose new products and improvements which align with the strategy and company ambitions
- Ensure a strong and appropriate market proposition for the product
- Work with a multidisciplinary team, including software developers testers, UX designers and more
- Act as a change agent, engaging directly with customers
- Be a representative for the Color Marketing department and act as a sparring partner for Marketing, R&D and the regional teams
Profiel van kandidaat
To fulfill the role of Product Manager, we are looking for somebody who possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business or Marketing
- Proven experience working within IT as a developer or in a similar product manager / owner function
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with a digital platform
- Knowledge of or experience with wide marketing is a strong advantage
- Strong affinity with IT
- Resilient, collaborative and passionate in your work
This is a strategic position where you will be at the forefront of change. AkzoNobel is a leading, international company with ample professional and personal development opportunities. You will be part of a small, collaborative team, contributing to the vision of the Automatchic product, working across all layers of the business. You will have a competitive base salary with company and personal bonuses, as well as a generous number of vacation days.