We are exclusively recruiting for an experienced Process Safety Engineer for our client Trinseo based in Terneuzen.
Our client Trinseo is a global chemical materials solutions provider and a manufacturer of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber. Trinseo focuses on delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to help their customers create products that are intrinsic to how we live - products that touch lives every day across a wide range of end-markets. Their global footprint - with 15 manufacturing sites and 10 research and development facilities globally - gives them the ability to respond quickly to their customers' needs, no matter where in the world they are.
The Process Safety Engineer is responsible for championing and promoting a strong process safety culture and act as a subject matter expert involved in risk assessment techniques, incident investigations, updating and maintaining process safety information, involved in audits and reviewer for new projects or changes.
- Champion and promote a strong process safety culture in the site, region, and technology. Serve as a subject matter expert.
- Lead the site process safety program to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and corporate process safety policies, work processes, and standards at the site level (e.g., pre-startup safety reviews, management of change, process hazard analysis).
- Direct risk assessment techniques including process hazard analyses and layers of protection analysis. Review and recommend risk evaluation methods for new projects.
- Lead, facilitate, or participate in plant incident investigations to determine root causes of incidents, especially those that are considered regulatory in nature.
- Advise engineering/operations during reviews of proposed projects to ensure they follow good operating discipline rules and good design.
- Provide training to plant personnel regarding the process safety program, regulatory procedures and requirements, as well as hazard recognition.
- Ensure effective implementation of the mechanical integrity program.
- Implement systems for compiling process safety metrics. Analyze the results to identify improvement opportunities. Communicate metrics performance to corporate.
- Actively participate in the Process Safety Network by sharing significant learnings, contributing during meetings, and participating in the development of corporate-level process safety initiatives.
- Engineering degree (preferably Chemical Engineering).
- Minimum 7 years' experience as a Process Safety Engineer in a chemical or manufacturing and production facility or process engineering environment.
- Demonstrated skills and interest in process safety.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to collaborate and generate solutions that effectively balance process safety with the needs of the manufacturing environment.
- English as a second language.
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA).
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- Safety Instrumented System (SIS), IEC 61511.
- Dispersion modeling tools (PHAST).
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA).
- Facility siting (Baker Risk Studies).
- Root cause investigation (RCI).
- Ability to travel on a periodic basis (3-4 trips per year).
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success.
- Ongoing learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment.
- The chance to work on global teams and around the world.