For our client in the Terneuzen region, an internationational manufacturer of plastics, latex and synthetic rubber, we are currently recruiting a Process Automation Engineer.
Trinseo is a global materials company, focusing particularly on the manufacturing of plastics, latex, and synthetic rubber. Their materials are used widely, in cars and trucks, home appliances, consumer goods, electronics, electrical & lighting, building & construction, medical supplies and packaging. The company has 16 manufacturing sites and 11 research and development facilities worldwide. Globally present with approximately 2,500 employees of which 460 employees in Terneuzen.
As a Process Automation Engineer you will be working for an industry 4.0 compounding plant in close partnership with Technology Centers, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), suppliers of the hardware and software solutions, maintenance and Plant Operations. You will be involved in plant optimization, and will guard process control strategy, code, operator interfaces, and simulation for small and capital improvement projects such as developing new reporting tools in collaboration with other functions.
- Develop, simulate and implement the appropriate process control automation strategies and solutions for the process equipment involved.
- Develop function specifications and Operator Interface graphics when applicable and train operations employees accordingly.
- Develop Process Control Strategy Documentation.
- Be an active member of the operations & Engineering team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Being able to understand improvement opportunities in the plant and translate to PA solutions.
- Improve Process Control performance.
- Process Control program loading, plant startup assistance, controller tuning and other adjustments.
- Give training on the assigned areas.
- Actively engaged with operations support and or improvement.
Education Experience/ skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in the field of Engineering (Applied Science) is required, Chemical Engineering, E&I or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of working experience as Process Automation Engineer or similar job in a chemical environment (preferred) or manufacturing and production environment are preferred. Starters who recently graduated are also very welcome to apply.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Behavioral - Competencies:
- Innovation & Initiative
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Excellent primary and secondary package.
- Yearly personal variable bonus.
- Possibilities to develop yourself further with education and courses in an international company.