Equinix is one of the fastest growing data centres companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. With 200 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. Interconnection is key to the growth and success of Equinix.
We hire hardworking people who flourish with solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, gritty people who have built The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the centre of everything we do.
Our EMEA Product Management team are recruiting for a Product Manager based out of Amsterdam, focused to words Colocation activities, where the role entails;
- Product launches in the region working with cross functional teams to create/develop/execute product line specific go to market strategy and plans.
- Serves as the primary product technical expert within the region in support of sales, solution architects, partners, customers.
- Serves as the voice of the regions (leadership, sales, solution architects, customers, partners, market) back into the global product organization
- Responsible for product vision and roadmap updates in the region aligned with global core
- Promotes specific product line in region with key stakeholders to increase product adoption
- Support regional customer meetings, public speaking opportunities, analyst briefings, partner forums as product SMEs
- Act as regional expert on the Competitive Landscape, market requirements and overall product needs for the EMEA region
- Product backlog based on data and input, feedback from customers and customer facing sales/sales support organisations
- Working with Core Product Management, provide Market prioritisation and business case input for opportunity, forecast and insight as well as recommendation for new market/product expansions
- Work with regional presidents and sales management to develop and drive targeted sales, partner enablement programs
- Market sensing - Participate in regional CABs and other forums, provide actionable insight as needed to drive positive change in the performance of our products in region.
- Manage the execution of regional and global product marketing, GTM, strategy and plans, in conjunction with core product, business development, vertical marketing, partner marketing teams
- Accountable for end-to-end product launch activity
- Contributes to the development of global product positioning and messaging that establishes the need for Equinix products in the market and differentiate them against the competition and substitutes
- Stakeholder management · Effectively maintains and utilizes relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company and Ensures alignment in cross-functional priorities
- Set and approve pricing and discounts to meet revenue and margin objectives, aligned to Global pricing frameworks
- Responsible for non-standard contractual SLA approvals
- Contributes to company product planning to ensure deployment and delivery according to plan and budget
- Review market research to identify new opportunities
- Monitor evolution of customer segment needs, market and industry developments to help with strategic product planning including new services, markets, IBXs
- Conduct Win/Loss and ROI analysis
- Ensure smooth handover of new products/services from product development / Core product management, to regional marketing, sales and sales support teams in the country operations
Experience and Skills
- Background that has a Business or Technology focus, with demonstrable experience in product management or product marketing lead or strategy and planning positions
- Product management and Product marketing experience gained from IT/Telco MNC’s (experience of Colocation, networking, cloud connectivity and network virtualisation ideal); Experience in high-growth business sectors
- Market expertise in Colocation, Interconnection Network Virtualisation and Cloud Networking
- Ability to analyse complex business issues, identify, design & implement effective practical recommendations
- Deep customer-facing and market-facing experience
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with Marketing Peers, Sales Leadership and Country Managers to be the voice of the region in global product planning activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sets high personal standards and is goal oriented
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Leadership of highly visible programs and provide thought leadership
- Strong business and industry analyst awareness
- Strong product lifecycle management skills
- Proven project management skills
- Strong technical acumen and understanding of Colocation, networking, clouds, SDN, portals, digital customer experience
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Willingness to travel in the EMEA Region
Does this sound like your next career move? Are you passionate about joining the family?
Click apply now!
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities.