For a small office in The Hague, I am sourcing for a Mid-Office Specialist (Proprietary Trading)/Practice Manager with affinity in Finance & Real Estate.
The organization has its background and is still part of a global international grain and oil seed merchant, and has diversified its activities as from 2000. Nowadays, the company has two main activities, Investment activity (PE, VC and Structure Finance) and Proprietary Trading, specialized in global commodities. A separate entity, based in the same building, is focused on Real Estate investments and developments.
In terms of culture, this can be described as professional and dedicated. People know what is happening in their field, and share their thoughts on global developments on a daily (informal) basis. The company is small, and therefore people are agile, confident and have the ability to work in an open work space. The company rewards success, promotes new opportunities and encourages permanent education.
As a Mid-Office Specialist (Proprietary Trading)/Practice Manager, you will be responsible for the general office management, being first line contact person responsible for all daily operational activities. You negotiate terms and conditions with service providers and provide support to general management. Further more, you are responsible for the daily reconciliation of accounts, operational expenses, tax filings, bookkeeping and preparing the management accounts. Finally, you also hold responsibility for personnel administration and registration (salaries, tax, holidays) and permanent education programs.
With proven experience, the function will be extended to hold middle office responsibilities, which include the execution, clearance and settlements of trading activities and monitoring internal compliance guidelines a.o.: daily reports, monitor risk profiles.
- Bsc work- and thinking level
- Relevant experience in financial administration/bookkeeping
- Experience with Excel and Exact is required
- Strong communicative skills with practical judgment
- Fluent language skills both in English and Dutch
- Strong ethics and personal integrity
- Allround position within a small dedicated team of young professionals with international focus
- Modern office located on walking distance form The Hague Central Station
- Option to work part time
- Environment that rewards success, promotes new opportunities and encourages permanent education