Wabtec Netherlands designs and manufactures products that ensure safe and reliable operation of railway systems and high-end automated warehouses around the globe., Buying; (Global) Sourcing; Negotiating; Strategic Agreements. Do these aspects meet your experience and ambitions? Then the new position of Plant Buyer at Wabtec Netherlands in Ede is an interesting opportunity we have to discuss!Functieomschrijving
The position of plant buyer is a new strategic position within Wabtec Netherlands and is part of the newly formed Supply & Demand Planning department.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Translate business, innovation and development roadmaps into a strategic sourcing plan
- Category Manager for international and global sourcing of industrial products (spend minimum of > 10 m€), particularly relay and electronic parts.
- Management of strategic suppliers
- Improvement of all business aspects within the category:
- Sourcing Savings;
- Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ);
- Cash & Inventory levels.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Sourcing and Procurement of industrial parts at a strategic level in a high quality and industrial environment;
- Bachelor degree in combination with NEVI II;
- Excellent English language ability; German language ability is a plus;
- Willing to travel.
Wabtec Corporation is a fortune 500 company and a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
Wabtec Netherlands in Ede is the new merger organization from which various industrial products and services are delivered under three renowned brand names.
- Akapp-Stemmann; design, manufacturing and service of single & multipole, open & closed conductor rail systems for applications in cranes, automated warehouses and other markets;
- Mors Smitt, World leader relay technology in Rail and Power grid market. Key player in train-borne Energy Efficiency Solutions and Portable Test Equipment;
- Stemmann-Technik, leading in the field of energy and data transfer components and systems in industrial and transport technology.
More than 240 colleagues serve daily an international customer group by producing industrial products and supplying various professional services.
The former companies Akapp-Stemmann BV, Mors Smitt BV and Stemmann-Technik Nederland BV are part of Wabtec Netherlands BV.Locatie
Wabtec is committed to empowering employees to achieve their professional goals, because their employees’ goals matter to them. They encourage continuous learning and growth, and they develop their people through hands-on experience. They help them “learn by doing,” encourage people to get out of their comfort zones and try new things.
As a global company, operating in 50 countries, career opportunities are boundless. Their marketplace and workplaces span the globe. Traveling the world and working with global customers from diverse cultures often results in eye-opening and life-changing experiences that broaden your perspectives and your skills. Wabtec is a great place to work for people with ambitions to succeed at a global level.
In addition to a very good salary, Wabtec offers you:
- Working directly towards the strategic initiatives;
- At Wabtec, they are in the business of realizing potential – that of the transportation industry, and yours!;
- A high-energy work environment with a hands-on and can-do mentality;
- A good remuneration package;
- Lease car;
- An career in an international environment;
- A key role with added value.